Two missing files...

rsilvers

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am running 3.3 firmware. Today a Coyote ran in front of my car at 8:10 am, and when I got home, I looked at the files to find it. There are two missing files, and one of them has the footage on it. What could cause this? Is it more likely the camera froze for that long, or the memory card is bad? It is a two-day old Samsung 64 card. This is very concerning as the missing footage could have just as easily been a car crash or UFO landing.

Screen_Shot_2017-10-18_at_8.54.51_AM.png

I am running 3.3 firmware. Today a Coyote ran in front of my car at 8:10 am, and when I got home, I looked at the files to find it. There are two missing files, and one of them has the footage on it. What could cause this? Is it more likely the camera froze for that long, or the memory card is bad? It is a two-day old Samsung 64 card. This is very concerning as the missing footage could have just as easily been a car crash or UFO landing.

Screen_Shot_2017-10-18_at_8.54.51_AM.png
Did you press the emergency button (!) to manually save the video. If you did, then those files should be in the RO folder.

Even without hitting the button, maybe the road was rough enough or you stepped on the brakes hard enough to trigger a "save files" event, which would also move them to the RO folder. If this occurred during the first 15 seconds of a new clip it would also save the prior clip too.

Wow. They are in the RO folder. Thanks.

I can't remember if I pushed a button. I may have pressed the power button to wake up the display and see if it was recording.

Well there it is. In person I could easily see what it was. On camera there is no way to tell. I guess we need 8K cameras. The compression seems to be harming the image quality. It would be nice to have a higher bitrate setting.

image.png

Screen_Shot_2017-10-18_at_9.11.30_AM.png

Well I just replaced my 027s with these. 027 was 720P. Now I am at 2K. In a few years I guess I will be replacing these with 4K. Then 8K. Then it would look like a Coyote.

I took a random photo to show what happens when you double the resolution, then double it again.

So perhaps if 2K went to 4K and then to 8K, that would be the improvement. Of course the lens would have to be good.

Screen_Shot_2017-10-18_at_9.44.43_AM.png

Back