Two parking mode cables from the same tap off fuses

Eliott

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I’ve got a Garmin 66W hard wired into my fuse box using the Garmin parking mode cable. I’ve just ordered a Mini for the rear and would like to hard wire it in also.
My concern is that I will struggle to fit two more tap off sockets in my fuse box. Would it be feasible to wire two parking mode cables into the same tap off sockets? So connect both switched cables to one and both live to the other?

Hi. I’ve got a Garmin 66W hard wired into my fuse box using the Garmin parking mode cable. I’ve just ordered a Mini for the rear and would like to hard wire it in also.
My concern is that I will struggle to fit two more tap off sockets in my fuse box. Would it be feasible to wire two parking mode cables into the same tap off sockets? So connect both switched cables to one and both live to the other?
I've got 4 cameras in my car all to the one set of taps, 2 would be no issue

Four Garmin 56 cameras are about 1.4amps with screen running. I now have 5 cameras so about 1.8amps maximum. Have used a 3amp panel circuit breaker tapped into one of the auxiliary circuits.

These panel circuit breakers are great, available up to 15amps, just check the input and output connections are correct and heatshrink connections.

I have a few of these for various additions for my car, cable tied to a position near the fuse box in my car. You can put 20mm heatshrink around the whole circuit breaker so cable ties grip better.
IMG_20201025_125736971.jpg

Tip: A heat gun on low is great for heatshrink, much more refined than trying to shrink with a soldering iron. On high will heat up Anderson plugs to solder 175amp lugs without any issues what so ever, cheaper that buying high wattage soldering irons & easy to heat wire and lug simultaneously. Then heatshrink the Anderson lug. Use lead/tin solder. Tin only solder has other issues which should be avoided for electronics.

IMG_20200817_155859116.jpg

I've always used a heat gun for shrink tubing. Never a solder iron.

I have two 56's hard wired to one fuse panel location. No issues.

Back