Two questions about my brand spanking new Panorama G

DashCameowra

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I ordered a couple of Panorama G Starter Kits. Here's what I did with one of the new kits. I fired it up, went through the settings as I wanted them and pulled in a 256GB from the older Powerucc II Panorama and inserted it in the new G device.

I had both the new and the old dashcams connected and when I turned on the ignition, the older device started recording a couple seconds after it came on (this has the very recent firmware I put on to enable 256GB SDXC support). The new device showed me "Street Guardian" for about 10-12 more seconds before it started recording. May I know why this happens? I figured maybe the dashcam has an internal battery that needs some recharging - figured I'd ask the question anyway. Haven't driven much this weekend.

Well the second question is probably more for Jon :). I love the black front profile of the suction cup that comes with the G. The one that came with my S is a transparent one and sticks out like a sore thumb. The suction device I have looks exactly like the one you see here:
MPrx2Br.jpg

I should've tried this out before this occurred to me (the G is wired and set in place - i'll take it apart if you guys aren't sure). Will this mount http://goo.gl/QwhUf7 (the one from the G) work for the S? It looks like it should and the middle mount mechanism can be just ignored if I use that with the S. Please confirm?

Thanks fellas!

Wow. That was fast!

I kinda thought that the delay was a really awesome cool feature. This means I am not wasting recording time getting out of the garage or any parking lot. Getting me a new bolt mount for the S now. Thank you so much!

I haven't tested the performance of the G yet or how the suction cup matches up but so far I love the look of the new G. The integrated GPS means one less cable and one less device to mount on the dash. That and it was nice to not blindly navigate the menus till I switched to English :)

Follow up question (sorry): It looks like https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/accessories/pano360-panorama-3m-suction-combo-mount.html is a ball socket based one. Will the dashcam stay in place on the track (fast turns or sudden braking) ? If not, it's not the end of the world and I guess I can stick (sigh bad pun) with the transparent one. I guess the alternative is to buy the G mount and the interconnector you linked above (if I want to avoid a ball socket). Thanks!

It's not as as stable but seems pretty ok, The the factory went with the fixed tilt teeth for extra stability. Some people need the flexibly of a ball socket so I sourced some special ones as an optional accessory.

The special metal U-bracket to T-bracket adapter was actually engineered and machined by one of my customers as a favor/thanks.

Oh well. Thank you. I'll revisit this if it bothers me a lot. Between the dirt the rear hatch accumulates and the spotty sun we get, I might be OK. Hopefully I won't have a lot of questions for a while.

Back