Type of dashcams

ghita

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey everybody,

I am student, and I am testing dashcams. While I was seraching I found there is 3 types of camera (camera Time of flight, Stereovision camera and monocular camera), so what is the type of dashcams (I am usin garmin 66W and thinkware Q800 Pro) and what is the algorithm behind the ADAS functions?

Thank you

All dashcams are monocular, so they have no method of measuring distance, which is why dashcam ADAS always works very poorly!

I assume they guess distance to an object from how far up the image a static object appears, using the rules of perspective, but there are a lot of ways that can, and does, go wrong.

All dashcams are monocular, so they have no method of measuring distance, which is why dashcam ADAS always works very poorly!

I assume they guess distance to an object from how far up the image a static object appears, using the rules of perspective, but there are a lot of ways that can, and does, go wrong.
Thank you for you response, Can you give a reference of this information. Anyway, I am going to search it.

Thank you

Back