U-1000 Video Lengths

UFO

Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems that all the recorded video's on my U-1000 are exactly 1 Minute in length. That means there are a LOT of video's for each drive. On my previous dash cam (Vantrue N2 Pro), each recorded video was 5 minutes in length. Is there way to make each recorded video longer than 1 Minute?

Afraid not, the main reason TW do it that way is in the unlikely event of a Corrupt Video File you will only lose 1 minute of the journey rather than 3/5 mins etc. A corrupt file is pretty much unheard of but still better safe than sorry!

Some brands unfortunately will not allow you to choose segment length, and worst of all use 1 minute which is just a mess, well at least for a person that have always used 3 minute segments.

Mind you it is still easy to splice up 100s of files in any video editor program, the software should be able to handle the files in the correct order when you import them into the program and subsequent drop them to the time line to be able to export them as 1 big file.

Back in the day,,,,, like a decade ago, you would also often see a segment overlap between files ( most often 1 second / 30 frames ), that was a mess trying to splice several files into one.
Back then there was 2 options.
The now long gone registrator viewer software would automatic remove this overlap once set up, it would also splice how many segments you liked and export those as 1 clip.
Or you manually had to remove the first 30 frames / 1 second of each file you want to edit together,,,,,, also doable if it was only a couple of clips.
today there are no overlap in between segments, and thank god for that.

The 1 minute segment deal however, it ensure i will never go for something like that, even if it is extremely rare i work with several ( 2 or more ) segments.

Okay. Thanks to all who posted. Much appreciated.

Back