I am having the same issue with cloud parking impact notifications being delivered to my iPhone silently (and no vibration) despite sound and vibrate being toggled on in the app notification settings.

This is so frustrating as there is little point receiving silent impact notifications.

I’ve been trying to resolve this issue through Thinkware support but they are yet to come up with a solution. I think it’s a bug in the app itself.

Has anyone been able to resolve this?

yes checked all, even hard rebooted the iphone, but no sound.
another strange thing is that i get pop up notifications on the screen, but not in the app itself under "notice".
I’ve got the same issue, notifications received fine but delivered with no sound despite all sound settings being toggled on. Have you found a solution?

no solution,
not even when i changed my phone, nor when i reset the camera.
what i do to overcome this (somewhat), is have the alerts permanently on my screen....

Thanks for letting me know.

So far Thinkware support have been hopeless. They seem disinterested in the issue, and after sending me a template email that didn’t help the problem, they stopped communicating. I’m a bit surprised, as supposedly they have a reputation for good after sale support. Apparently not.

I’m disappointed I didn’t go with Blackvue, as their cloud features are generally much better.

I’m not going to give up just yet. I’ll let you know if I work out a fix!

Thanks for letting me know.

So far Thinkware support have been hopeless. They seem disinterested in the issue, and after sending me a template email that didn’t help the problem, they stopped communicating. I’m a bit surprised, as supposedly they have a reputation for good after sale support. Apparently not.

I’m disappointed I didn’t go with Blackvue, as their cloud features are generally much better.

I’m not going to give up just yet. I’ll let you know if I work out a fix!

I hope you are able to get this figured out. I'm in the front-end stage of acquiring a new dashcam; I have been very impressed with phone support I get from Blackvue. I've called 2 or 3 times and I always get someone rather quickly from Korea who is a great communicator and very helpful; having dealt with viofo customer support for a long time, that's a welcomed change for sure!

Then again , blackvue tends to overheat fast .

I've been considering the DR750X-2CH-LTE PLUS and I do not see issues of overheating with it. It seems cams running 4K are more apt to have heating issues which is one of the reasons I'm not going 4k.

Good luck getting your issue resolved with Thinkware.

I hope you are able to get this figured out. I'm in the front-end stage of acquiring a new dashcam; I have been very impressed with phone support I get from Blackvue. I've called 2 or 3 times and I always get someone rather quickly from Korea who is a great communicator and very helpful; having dealt with viofo customer support for a long time, that's a welcomed change for sure!

I've been considering the DR750X-2CH-LTE PLUS and I do not see issues of overheating with it. It seems cams running 4K are more apt to have heating issues which is one of the reasons I'm not going 4k.

Good luck getting your issue resolved with Thinkware.
I’m very pleased to report that Thinkware have (finally) acknowledged the issue is a bug in their app and have assured me it will be fixed in the next app update.

This has been my only significant gripe with the system.

The new dr900x plus model looks excellent (based on reviews), and blackvue still have the best cloud features. Good to hear they also offer a high standard of after sale support.

So my 110 to 12v adapter finally arrived to set up at home before installing in spring when weather breaks. I see the bug issues with Android 12 update. Should this effect me connecting to my S20's hotspot? I can connect via wifi but cannot connect through the hotspot. It times out with "failed connection" every attempt.

Hmmm... so your S20 connects to your cam via WiFi, but not through your hotspot? Did it use to connect via hotspot before Android 12 update?

First time setting up. Can connect through wi fi but trying hot spot I can't see anywhere to enter my hotspot username and password to get into my hotspot. Watched all kinds of tutorials but just can't see what I'm missing? And every once in a while the bug in the app notice is showing up.

First time setting up. Can connect through wi fi but trying hot spot I can't see anywhere to enter my hotspot username and password to get into my hotspot. Watched all kinds of tutorials but just can't see what I'm missing? And every once in a while the bug in the app notice is showing up.
This may be stretching things a bit, but it's easy to try with your S20. Go to Settings/General management/Reset/Reset Network Settings/...

After applying this, you will need to rehook-up Bluetooth, and Wifi connections... It may not work, but it's worth a try.

Tried resetting network settings , still nothing. So what I can figure is, when trying to connect to hotspot when you first connect to thinkware wifi before switching to your hot spot thru cloud app it is NOT giving me the option screen to enter the thinkware 123456789 password to connect to the wifi. therefore I never even see the option to switch to hotspot and enter my hotspot username and password. Very frustrated as I don't know if this is due to Android 12 update or something else.

Talked with tech at dashcam and was told with Android 12 on S20 cloud app will not connect to hotspot until app is updated. They mentioned could be weeks away so I'm wondering what if I go back to Android 11 on my S20??

I'm not sure, but I don't believe you can go backwards on Samsung OS... that is unless you're rooted.

I guess it depends on how important the Hotspot is to you. And one wonders why it would take weeks for Thinkware to update their app dealing with a major problem that has probably been impacting their users for months...?

Good luck getting things resolved.

Talked with tech at dashcam and was told with Android 12 on S20 cloud app will not connect to hotspot until app is updated. They mentioned could be weeks away so I'm wondering what if I go back to Android 11 on my S20??
I just saw this post and these guys had the exact same problem as you. - - And downgrading to Android 11 solved their problem. You may have to ask them how they were able to downgrade to OS 11 from OS12. Here's a link to the thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/u1000-firmware-update-1-00-16.46158/#post-568197

Back