Gwhisky

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
My U1000 dash cam (with attached radar) is getting power from an external powerbank. I have turned on the parking mode. My firmware version is v.1.00.13

I have successfully connected the u1000 dash cam to the internet via a wifi dongle, but i am unable to get live view remotely from my thinkware app.

There are two issues:

#1) when the car engine is ignited on, i could not get remote live view from my mobile app. It keeps saying "the connection is being delayed, please wait".

#2) after the car engine is off for a few minutes, i am unable to connect to the dash cam remotely. I received the error "the connection to the Remote Live View has failed".

See two attached screenshots for details

The above two issues make the cloud function of the cam meaningless. Has anyone encountered the same issues?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200811-002241.jpg
    Screenshot_20200811-002241.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20200811-170605.jpg
    Screenshot_20200811-170605.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 27
Live view only works in the motion detection and time-lapse parking modes, not in energy saving mode.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Thanks funb0b.

Do you know anything about the first issue?

I was in the car, the car engine was on, the dash cam was connected to the hotspot, but i still couldnt get a remote live view from my mobile app.

I'm at work at the moment, ill get back to you later.

Read another thread and tired resetting the dash cam and reinstalled the thinkware app

I have switched parking mode to motion detection, but i still stuck at the remote live view page, it keeps saying "the connection is being delayed, please wait".

Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Try connecting the u1000 to your home WiFi as a hotspot if you can.

If that works, you may just not be in a good area for cellular to work. You are using a 4G sim?, put the sim in a device that you can check the speed.

Cheers.

Try connecting the u1000 to your home WiFi as a hotspot if you can.

If that works, you may just not be in a good area for cellular to work. You are using a 4G sim?, put the sim in a device that you can check the speed.

Cheers.

The sim works perfectly, i connected my cell phone to the wifi dongle and tested the speed. Upload/ download speed were around 5-8Mbps, it is not super fast but enough to be connected to cloud i would expect.

Update....

Went to the dealer... turned out the issue was caused by some connection issue specifically relating to internal setting of my phone which is made by a chinese maker - oneplus. Suspect that the chinese phonemaker has blocked certain connection which is necessary to retrieve a live view from the dash cam.

I tired sony xperia and iphone, both worked perfectly fine....

Just an update so if you are using oneplus, this is something that you may want to pay an attention to

Glad you got it sorted [emoji106]

Cheers

I just newly registered here, to save trouble for all those people that have the same issue. I got this exactly the same issue with my Thinkware U1000 and that lousy crappy app on Chinese phones. I have Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Huawei Mediapad tablet, and Oppo Find X2 Pro; the Live View doesn't work on any of these devices. Tried on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and S7 Edge, and Apple iPad, all work straight away. There's no need for dashcam reset, app reinstall and whatnot. It's Chinese Android OS issue, for whatever reason.

just installed the U1000 today (replaced F770) and have the same problem:
i got it connected to a mobile hotspot device, but remote view not working, nor do i get impact notifications.
the connection is working, because I CAN see where the car is.. (on my iphone)

EDIT 29.08.20

it now all of a sudden started to work, though no event clips are being uploaded to the cloud

however, is it normal that the phone doesn't make a sound when there's an event notification ?
i only get a message on the screen...

Last edited:
EDIT 29.08.20

it now all of a sudden started to work, though no event clips are being uploaded to the cloud

however, is it normal that the phone doesn't make a sound when there's an event notification ?
i only get a message on the screen...

Do you have the impact upload enabled in your settings? If so, the impact is not strong enough to trigger an upload to the cloud.

I'm not sure why you're not receiving any sound when you receive a notification. Have you checked your notification settings on your iPhone? You can enable sounds + badge notifications you will receive from the Thinkware Cloud App.

yes checked all, even hard rebooted the iphone, but no sound.
another strange thing is that i get pop up notifications on the screen, but not in the app itself under "notice".

yes checked all, even hard rebooted the iphone, but no sound.
another strange thing is that i get pop up notifications on the screen, but not in the app itself under "notice".

Strange.. i get notification in the app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200901-145749.jpg
    Screenshot_20200901-145749.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 21
sorry, to be clearer: sometimes i get pop ups and sometimes under "notice"
i now deleted the other thinkware app (for non cloud cameras) though i doubt this is the problem.
if no change, i guess have to do a reinstall

Hm. it seems like I am experiencing the same thing as well. Huawei P20 Pro. Anyone managed to get it to work with a Chinese Android phone?

can only say that a reinstall of the app did not work. i get a mixture of pop ups (banners) and/or under "notice",
but NEVER any sound...

is there anyone with an iphone that can confirm that the app indeed gives sound when an impact is detected?
Cos i can not get it too work, and only a pop up is pretty useless ..

is there anyone with an iphone that can confirm that the app indeed gives sound when an impact is detected?
Cos i can not get it too work, and only a pop up is pretty useless ..
Yes, you should be receiving a notification with sound. Have tested it on multiple different iPhones here at the office....even my apple watch gets the notification with sound. Is your ringer on? Or is your phone on vibrate?

went through all settings... even toggled off & on again, both in app itself and under iphone settings.
i get notifications from all my other apps.
will try a reinstall i guess...

Back