I get a blip just like a text message

Bouygues France. I'm sure it's the phone and/or app as I do get the pop ups...
Do you mind sharing your phone model + firmware version along with your U1000 Firmware Version? I already have tried to replicate your issue with no success but I'll try once more.

appreciate the help:

IPhone 8
IOS 4.2 (latest)
thikware ap 1.2.26

There's one other thing (though doubt it's related); in the app, under live view the time is off by 1hr, but the camera itself shows correctly

Got the same issue as well, connected to a mobile hotspot (Huawei 4G key) and I got vocal prompt that the U1000 is connected to internet whenever it is with contact on or in parking mode but from my phone (iPhone X under Ios 14) impossible to get the remote live view to work neither the cloud notification.
1)When I try live view I got the following error message: The connection to the Remote Live View has failed
2) thinking of a Cloud issue I deleted my camera from the Cloud and re-register and now I got that the device cannot be located

Any issue with Thinkware Cloud server or Ios14 incompatibility ?

Attachments

• IMG_8492.PNG
    IMG_8492.PNG
    884 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8491.PNG
    IMG_8491.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 8
Got the same issue as well, connected to a mobile hotspot (Huawei 4G key) and I got vocal prompt that the U1000 is connected to internet whenever it is with contact on or in parking mode but from my phone (iPhone X under Ios 14) impossible to get the remote live view to work neither the cloud notification.
1)When I try live view I got the following error message: The connection to the Remote Live View has failed
2) thinking of a Cloud issue I deleted my camera from the Cloud and re-register and now I got that the device cannot be located

Any issue with Thinkware Cloud server or Ios14 incompatibility ?
Have you tried re-setting your Thinkware Cloud Account via EU support? For North American users we can delete your registered UUID and you can re-register your device. I'm not sure if this is something Thinkware EU offers but it is worth reaching out and giving it a shot. If this is something they don't offer then we you can PM me and your UUID and I'll try to re-set it for you.

Have you tried re-setting your Thinkware Cloud Account via EU support? For North American users we can delete your registered UUID and you can re-register your device. I'm not sure if this is something Thinkware EU offers but it is worth reaching out and giving it a shot. If this is something they don't offer then we you can PM me and your UUID and I'll try to re-set it for you.
Thanks for your help.
I did indeed via the Application removed my U1000 device from my account, is this what you point out? after I deleted it I added it again with success. Still wasn't working yesterday but it was in my garage with limited 4G coverage, so I will try again this week see if better 4G coverage solve the issue.

Thanks for your help.
I did indeed via the Application removed my U1000 device from my account, is this what you point out? after I deleted it I added it again with success. Still wasn't working yesterday but it was in my garage with limited 4G coverage, so I will try again this week see if better 4G coverage solve the issue.
You can reset the Thinkware Cloud by deleting the UUID (universally unique identifier) from our backend, which will unregister your dash cam to our cloud services. When you connect to the dash cam after the UUID has been deleted the dash cam have the ability to re-register. This can only be done by our support team.

Let me know if your issue isn't resolved with better coverage

Forgot to reply to you , sorry for the delay.
Well it turned out that my pocket router wasn’t set properly.
Finally it worked while on parking mode buy live view stops after 10-15 mins ... probably because I run on battery save set to 11.7v which I believe cut the power

Forgot to reply to you , sorry for the delay.
Well it turned out that my pocket router wasn’t set properly.
Finally it worked while on parking mode buy live view stops after 10-15 mins ... probably because I run on battery save set to 11.7v which I believe cut the power
Get a powerbank, with the thinkware radar, you can get the cam working for 7, 8 days without using the car, this is useful especially for weekend drivers

I think the situation depend on that, if the radar are used i dont think there is any pee-buffering ? And so anything fast happening you might well miss.

But of course if your car are parked in a drive way or maybe parking structure, where people can only approach it from one direction, and often at a slow pace it might be fine.

I think the situation depend on that, if the radar are used i dont think there is any pee-buffering ? And so anything fast happening you might well miss.

But of course if your car are parked in a drive way or maybe parking structure, where people can only approach it from one direction, and often at a slow pace it might be fine.
The radar doesn't do any capturing, it triggers the recording of the video in the sd card. If anything that is recognised by the radar and subsequently an event happens then a snapshot of 10s pre-event and 10s post-event will be saved in memory. I think the idea is good because without the radar, it means that nothing pre-event is being recorded.

Last edited:
Thinkware Dash Cam - Any way Thinkware will ever enable the use of the energy saving radar feature with Wifi? They can always have it start up the WiFi once the radar detects something and shut down once done.

Thinkware Dash Cam - Any way Thinkware will ever enable the use of the energy saving radar feature with Wifi? They can always have it start up the WiFi once the radar detects something and shut down once done.
This would be useful. Now, if i have wifi on, even with a 13600mA power bank, it bearly lasts for slightly over a day. Nothing wrong with the dashcam, mainly it is the wifi dongle which eats up the battery. But a function that allows radar to toggle on/off wifi, (i am not sure how), it would be very useful

This would be useful. Now, if i have wifi on, even with a 13600mA power bank, it bearly lasts for slightly over a day. Nothing wrong with the dashcam, mainly it is the wifi dongle which eats up the battery. But a function that allows radar to toggle on/off wifi, (i am not sure how), it would be very useful
Well that's depressing, was hoping it would last longer than that. Was planning on running the BI-750 and have the car sit for a few days which is why I was going to also get the radar but since Wi-Fi does not work in energy saving, it would be pointless.

Update....

Went to the dealer... turned out the issue was caused by some connection issue specifically relating to internal setting of my phone which is made by a chinese maker - oneplus. Suspect that the chinese phonemaker has blocked certain connection which is necessary to retrieve a live view from the dash cam.

I tired sony xperia and iphone, both worked perfectly fine....

Just an update so if you are using oneplus, this is something that you may want to pay an attention to
Hi I've got the same problem, what did you do to fix it ?

I'm so glad I came across this site. Would've never figured out the issue.

Spent countless hours over the past few weeks trying to get this damn thing working. Tried absolutely everything.

I have the exact same problem as others on here; remote live view not connecting, incl. when its hooked up to a mobile hotspot.

My phone is a Vivo Nex. Premium Chinese brand, global model. Think Vivo are a sister company of OnePlus and oppo. Never would've thought it's the phone app.

The mobile hotspot I'm using is a Huawei e5577; only a yr old... Also a Chinese brand.

I'll try it with a non-chinese phone and report back. Hopefully the huawei hotspot doesn't have restrictions on it too.

Is it just the mobile hotspot connected to the powerbank? U can buy a 12v to usb convertor and tap it into one of the fuses. They're only a few quid, and it'll let your mobile hotspot stay running permanently. Powerbank would be optional.

Attachments

• 41LZE1HWqDL._AC_.jpg
    41LZE1HWqDL._AC_.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4
Back