U1000 does not turn on: is it faulty?

Waltr

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I've ordered (online) a Thinkware U1000 and a Power Core 6200LFB battery.

The dashcam will be installed in about 2 weeks as the schedule of the installer is fully booked.

I believe there's something wrong with the dashcam as I am not able to turn it on in any way.

I am not able to hardwire it, but I tried to connect it to the battery (while the battery was not connected to the car) and it does not turn on. However, I'm not sure this is a proper way to test it.

The battery has 13V on BATT (yellow cable) and nothing on ACC (red cable).

Can anybody tell me if the dashcam is supposed to turn on with power on BATT only?

Yes I connected all 3 cables as in the diagram.

Just the battery is not connected to the car.

Is the dashcam supposed to turn on in this case?

If the battery is charged, it should work. Because you are supposed to connect the battery to a non permanent on fuse. If my car is off, no power from the car is going to my powercore. You can measure it if you have a multimeter.

btw I also have a power core, but unfortunately I'm still waiting for my U1000. Or else I could test this for you.

It should be delivered by Tuesday, but I won't have time to install it until the weekend.

Last edited:
Hi Andreas, please let me know when you can check this!

With just the Yellow & Earth connected to the battery you would have to manually power the camera on by holding the Power button for a few seconds. If you touched the Red Wire to the battery too the camera should power itself on as it will think the Ignition is turned on.

Thanks, then it's definitely faulty. :(

I just installed mine and tried to turn it on only with the power core connected (I removed the cable to the ignition first) and my dashcam did not turn on, even when I was holding the power button. When I connected the power core to the ignition and turned on the ignition, it started.

So I don't think yours is faulty.

Last week I sent the device to the distributor.

Today they called me and said that the device is working perfectly.

You should test your dashcam with the original charger to see if it is working OK.

If you order the hardwire version, you'll only get the hardwire kit. Not even an adapter for the cigarette lighter.

I brought the car, the battery and the dashcam to an installer, he wired everything and it seemed to work. Not in parking mode though.

Then I realized that the installer misplaced the red and the yellow wire.

When I put the wires as the instruction say, everything worked.

Back