I think it was the memory card. Formatted it properly again and it’s worked.

However got another issue. I’ve got a spare iPhone set up as a hotspot in the car to benefit from the cloud features. Once connected it works. After I leave the car, it works and I can view remotely. However, after some time the cam disconnects from the phone and I can’t access it anymore.

Anyone know why?
Dont ask me why, but connecting specific the iphone as a hospot is a pita. It will work when you swichoff all hotspot items, and reconnect while all hotspot items on the iphone are selected again (only once this work). I bought a MIFI (Tl-link) and the cloudfeatures works just great. Note: in the “energy saving” parking mode no life streaming on cloud is available.

Additionally i was advised to use the 5Ghz wifi for better streaming video to your phone.

Hope this may help

I have just ordered a U1000 like a few minutes before reading this, I really liked the idea of being able to monitor the car while parked and getting notified if someone hits the car while I'm at work. I've just contacted them to ask if that is the case and to cancel my order if so.

Live view's not much use then! And it will send you a notification that you had an accident while driving, well that's not much use!

I'm genuinely shocked by how useless those "premium" features are if true.

I must have watched every video review on YouTube not one mention that none of the cloud features work in parking mode!

Think I'll stick with the 129 Pro Duo if that's the case.

Last edited:
So can anyone confirm the cloud features work in parking mode? Just not when in energy saving mode?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
So can anyone confirm the cloud features work in parking mode? Just not when in energy saving mode?

Thanks guys.

Once you get the hang of the crappy software, it works. I’ve managed to keep the iPhone hotspot connected after I leave the car. I’ve found that connecting up the hotspot to the dash cam before turning the engine off and leaving the car keeps it connected throughout.

I followed this to add the spare iPhone I leave in the car as a hotspot.

The key is to NOT install the thinkware software on the iPhone you’ll use as a hotspot to leave in the car. What you need do is when you want to get the dash cam connected to the hotspot, turn the hotspot ON on that iPhone and keep screen on in that setting page and then open the app on your main phone and select “connect to hotspot”. It’ll search for hotspot on that app and say connection failed but on your hotspot iPhone it’ll connect. Then close the app. You’ll hear confirmation “connected to internet”. Then you leave the vehicle. It should stay connected.

You can now live view it from the app and it works.

With regards to the other features, I do get notification of impact (even one where you shut the door as you’re leaving is notified as an impact). Also, I’ve been able view the “impact” video on the cloud.

All in all it’s decent, not amazing. Korean companies are galaxies behind western companies for software development. All this could’ve been made into a much smoother and user friendly experience. But alas...

Once you get the hang of the crappy software, it works. I’ve managed to keep the iPhone hotspot connected after I leave the car. I’ve found that connecting up the hotspot to the dash cam before turning the engine off and leaving the car keeps it connected throughout.

I followed this to add the spare iPhone I leave in the car as a hotspot.

The key is to NOT install the thinkware software on the iPhone you’ll use as a hotspot to leave in the car. What you need do is when you want to get the dash cam connected to the hotspot, turn the hotspot ON on that iPhone and keep screen on in that setting page and then open the app on your main phone and select “connect to hotspot”. It’ll search for hotspot on that app and say connection failed but on your hotspot iPhone it’ll connect. Then close the app. You’ll hear confirmation “connected to internet”. Then you leave the vehicle. It should stay connected.

You can now live view it from the app and it works.

With regards to the other features, I do get notification of impact (even one where you shut the door as you’re leaving is notified as an impact). Also, I’ve been able view the “impact” video on the cloud.

All in all it’s decent, not amazing. Korean companies are galaxies behind western companies for software development. All this could’ve been made into a much smoother and user friendly experience. But alas...
Thanks, that's more of the kind of thing I was expecting. Your right it could be a more polished experience, especially for the premium paid.

if memory serves one of the the Thinkware resellers mentioned that they can't access a hotspot once they enter parking mode, an iPhone will also turn the hotspot off after a period of inactivity, that may also be an issue

No, that was only true for the F800PRO + Q800PRO. The U1000 is the first dash cam to have Thinkware Cloud Features while in Parking Mode.

The U1000 can connect to a dedicated hotspot device or home Wi-Fi network while in parking mode.

Marketing

While parked and connected to a hotspot device or home Wi-Fi network you are able to receive push notifications if an impact occurs and stream a live view while parked.

And I’ve got another fault again. Went into car and hear message “memory card corrupted, please reformat card”. Pressed reformat and after it completes hear the same “please reformat” message again

And I’ve got another fault again. Went into car and hear message “memory card corrupted, please reformat card”. Pressed reformat and after it completes hear the same “please reformat” message again

Have you tried formatting the micro SD card on a computer? What kind of micro sd card are you using? Finally, how old is the card?

Thanks guys.
It does work, but ONLY in “motion detection or time elapse” mode, which requires a hotspot ánd a full loaded battery. Using the radar unit in “energy saving “ mode it does NOT offer life stream or messages via the cloud, which does make sense.

I’m pretty sure this device is faulty. I’ve got another issue now and this has happened twice. Suddenly out of the blue it seemed I’d get a message saying “memory card corrupted, format required”. So I hold onto the red button and it starts reformatting only to say the same message again upon completion of the format. I then connected it to my laptop both times and reformat and only then would it work. I realised this time that it seems to happen when my memory card is full. So it seems it’s not recording over the old footage. What’s happening?

what memory card are you using?
Used their own brand one that came with it as well as an integral u3 class 10 memory card.
Also when I load it on the laptop it shows all the videos intact on the pic viewer software so the memory isn’t really corrupt.

Dont ask me why, but connecting specific the iphone as a hospot is a pita. It will work when you swichoff all hotspot items, and reconnect while all hotspot items on the iphone are selected again (only once this work). I bought a MIFI (Tl-link) and the cloudfeatures works just great. Note: in the “energy saving” parking mode no life streaming on cloud is available.

Additionally i was advised to use the 5Ghz wifi for better streaming video to your phone.

Hope this may help
Which MIFI did you use? Can you share the model number plz. i too have the same issues with connecting a spare iPhone. There are a bunch of cheap Chinese ones on amazon and wasn’t sure if they will work for this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T U1000 2
H U1000 1
T U1000 2
R U1000 0
Waltr U1000 12
Back