Blaknite

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Guys,

I trawled the posts for anything that might help my issue, but wasn't able to find a fix :(.

I'm not sure exactly what's happening, but it's as follows.

I have a U1000 dual channel kit, which is hardwired into the car. There is also a radar attachment. My HW kit states that Red - Constant(on the inline fuse cover) and Yellow has no marking, so guessing that's the switched power.

When BOTH wires are plugged in, the camera announces it is in continuous recording and stays on no problem.

When ONLY RED is plugged in, there is no response from the camera, waited 2mins still no response. There is power on all stages of the wire, at the fusebox, beyond the inline fuse and at the camera plug.

When ONLY YELLOW wire is plugged in, the camera turns on and announces it is continuous recording mode, and starts recording. Again there is power at all stages of the wire.

The HW kit is the one that came in the box from Thinkware.

There was a post on here that asked to check power on the plug, which I did, and depending on the wire either the tip of the plug had power or inside of it, can't remember which way.

On the APP I've disabled battery protection to ensure it's not a battery monitor issue, and have it set to record time lapse.

Would love any suggestions or directions to follow :(.

Thanks in advance
Niraaz

All newer Thinkware Hardwire cables should be Yellow - Constant Power, Red - Ignition power

I've attached an image so you can check at the camera end.

Attachments

• Thinkware Power.JPG
    Thinkware Power.JPG
    467 KB · Views: 45
@Maddog1974 Thanks for the diagram mate, I noticed that the marking on the HW kit was wrong. It had the RED wire marked as CONS. Swapped them around. Also realised my car has an EIGHT min delay on switched power being turned off, after locking the car, so that's why I wasn't getting results. I was just too impatient.. haha. Thanks for the help. Have a good one. :)

All newer Thinkware Hardwire cables should be Yellow - Constant Power, Red - Ignition power

Hi, Hope you help with Thinkware F100 12V cigarette power lead? Do I need to find a rare 3 wire lead or are 2 wire leads bridged internally to achieve both 12v feeds? I understand the Thinkware won't work properly without power to both terminals? Regards Russ.

Hi, Hope you help with Thinkware F100 12V cigarette power lead? Do I need to find a rare 3 wire lead or are 2 wire leads bridged internally to achieve both 12v feeds? I understand the Thinkware won't work properly without power to both terminals? Regards Russ.
I'm pretty sure the TW Cig Lead just has the Supplies Linked in the 'Right angle' connector. Just keep in mind using this cable you won't get any Parking Recording.

Thank you for your reply. I have just received the official TW Cig Lead. As expected appears the same supplied by some of the other manufacturers and nothing to write home about quality wise. Checked it out yesterday and used the R button thinking best to switch off properly rather than yanking the permanent live cig plug out and ended up formatting the card!

FYI I can confirm the 12v Cigarette Lead Thinkware TWA-SC (PC-3) is wired as per your picture with the 2 lives.

I bought a flexible solar panel that can be placed on my dashboard. Even with Both cameras running this 40 watt panel can charge the battery.
I was hoping I could put it under my sunroof but with the tint it does not provide nearly as much power

Back