jtrinkle

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been looking and can not seem to find a way to change this but the startup announcement is ridiculously annoying. I understand the incident announcement but to tell me every time I can attach my phone to the camera is not necessary. My setup us the U1000 with the radar module and the iVolt battery. I took my car to the detailer and he asked me if my radar detector ever shut up I had to tell him it was my dashcam and it eventually got winded and would quite down. I can see where someone that just got the camera might need it but after a while it gets annoying. I have looked and can not find a way to disable it.

I have been looking and can not seem to find a way to change this but the startup announcement is ridiculously annoying. I understand the incident announcement but to tell me every time I can attach my phone to the camera is not necessary. My setup us the U1000 with the radar module and the iVolt battery. I took my car to the detailer and he asked me if my radar detector ever shut up I had to tell him it was my dashcam and it eventually got winded and would quite down. I can see where someone that just got the camera might need it but after a while it gets annoying. I have looked and can not find a way to disable it.
You have to connect it to a WiFi hotspot either from your phone or maybe your home WiFi. Then it will shut up, you only have to connect it once.

Look for dailtofast on YouTube he does an install with a bit of a setup walk-through.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

I set it up to connect to my home wifi and that helped thanks for the help. Now I need to figure out why I can not use the live view when my camera is connected to my home wifi and there is an incident reported.

I set it up to connect to my home wifi and that helped thanks for the help. Now I need to figure out why I can not use the live view when my camera is connected to my home wifi and there is an incident reported.
Live view is only available in the motion or time-lapse parking modes and not in the power saving mode for instance when using the radar.

Although if it gets a hard hit in power saving mode it will wake up record the incident and send an email alert, I belive.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

That makes sense I did try to set an alert during parking mode but never got and alert but that is not big deal. I never have a wifi/hotspot connection unless I am in my driveway.

I have been looking and can not seem to find a way to change this but the startup announcement is ridiculously annoying. I have looked and can not find a way to disable it.

You can disable all of the audio notifications by disabling the Volume
Dash Cam Settings -> System Settings -> Volume -> Set to "0"

That makes sense I did try to set an alert during parking mode but never got and alert but that is not big deal. I never have a wifi/hotspot connection unless I am in my driveway.

In order to receive a parking incident video the impact needs to trigger the "Strong Impact Notification While Parked" setting. You can set this to Impact 1 which requires 3Gs of force or impact 2 which requires 4Gs of force.

Cant see when I would use the Radar if it does not store incidents that do not involve impact.

Some instances are not be impact related.

and the radar only works for the front which makes no sense...

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L U1000 11
T U1000 3
H U1000 1
T U1000 2
R U1000 0
Back