Uber driver uploads recording of professional hockey players

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Uber driver had a few Ottawa Senators players as riders, where they discussed their coach and other things

Edit: News clip on privacy concerns

I think this is a good example of why the internal cam needs to have a limited saved file function or option. Maybe last 30 minutes? Yes, won't take care of the 'uber driver raped me 4 hours ago' thing, but can be a bit more reassuring to the passenger. 'this cam only saves the last 15 minutes of internal footage.'

I don't think the inside cam should have limited-time coverage, but the drivers should have enough brains to not post their inside footage of passengers. In some places this would get you what could be a very hefty lawsuit for breach of privacy. It may even be a direct violation of laws regulating taxis and ride-shares. At best the clown who posted this had better avoid dark areas where Pro Hockey players are present :eek:

Phil

With my limited knowledge of UBER, he is easily identifiable, and sued or prosecuted. (Let alone eating some hockey sticks)

According to the second video I posted, its against Uber Guidelines @1:17. However, Uber did not respond to questions on policies or whether the driver has been suspended. The driver did a disservice to Ride sharing and taxi drivers as its now known that they have in cabin cameras. If riders get in the car with the intent to rob the driver, they are going to take the camera with them.

In Toronto, every once in a while, we see video of passengers in taxi's that are involved in a crime. This could be assaulting or robbing the driver or using the taxi to get to or flee from a crime scene.

Why would you ( uber driver ) do such a thing ?
Why do people have no situational awareness ?

Here we just had a case with a prominent soccer player and his GF getting in a fight with a taxi driver ( professional taxi CCTV ) and those taxis are always clearly marked with stickers saying CCTV in operation.
Okay in that case i do know why, alcohol in....... brain out.
But that uber driver cant have been drunk.
And while i personally don't accept being drunk as a excuse for anything, it seem to be a generally accepted by most other people.

Back