UHD OFF

DJ70

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900X Plus-2CH, DR900S-2CH.
Having changed vehicles it was necessary to swap over the DR900X Plus 2-CH, along with the CM100.

I've yet to install the rear camera but one thing I have noticed is that recordings now show as "UHD OFF". On the previous installtion UHD was always on.

As there appears to be no setting specific to UHD, would I be correct in assuming that when the rear camera is installed to complete the setup UHD will again turn on atomatically?

Yes, I know I could wait but in the meantime if anyone has experinced this it would be helpful.

TIA.

"UHD OFF"
UHD is on for the 900x-PLUS unit. And I think that's missing a hyphen, "UHD-OFF".

Interpret the "UHD OFF" as "front camera recording with UHD - rear camera recording is OFF".

Yes it could be missing a hypen, just like the other typos. Fingers faster than brain it seems ;)

I'm hoping to get the rear camera in tomorrow, so with luck UHD should again show as On.

Cheers (y)

UHD refers to the front camera resolution. You can verify for yourself that the front video is 4K by looking at any saved files.

As mentioned already, the UHD refers to the front camera. The "OFF" will appear in the second position, if it's a 2-channel dash camera, but the rear camera is not connected.

DR900X Plus - with rear camera connected (front - rear)
1668962738309.png

DR900X Plus - operating in single channel mode (OFF = rear camera not connected)
1668962769562.png

DR750X-3CH Plus - Front FHD - Rear FHD - Interior HD (720p) status
1669485430069.png

UHD is on for the 900x-PLUS unit. And I think that's missing a hyphen, "UHD-OFF".

Interpret the "UHD OFF" as "front camera recording with UHD - rear camera recording is OFF".

Rear camera fitted and all good. UHD-FHD :giggle:

Cheers.

Back