UK - Another vehicle in the wrong lane at a roundabout

Got to say this - a great peeve of mine - this is yet another dreadful piece of road design.
WHY - WHY IN THE NAME OF GOD - was your lane designated as a second forward lane when the exit is going to merge into a single lane????

There is no advantage to this. NONE! And - as we see here, it runs the risk of causing collisions. Why do they do this?

Also ... the use of a forward arrow to show that you're supposed to turn left! Genius!

Road planners are idiots. I think I'll make this my new signature.

P.S. I've mentioned before that I avoid overtaking on roundabouts. Your video is an excellent example of why. Virtually no benefit, plenty of risk.

Last edited:
Also ... the use of a forward arrow to show that you're supposed to turn left! Genius!

I'm sure it's to stop simpletons driving down the wrong way of a motorway slip road :D

I'm sure it's to stop simpletons driving down the wrong way of a motorway slip road :D
I'm sure that's true. But everywhere I go these arrows are so misleading that they are at best useless and at worst dangerous. They need a major rethink to their use, and come up with better icons if necessary.

I don't think these arrows have any legal weight, and it's just as well given how bad they often are.

Here's an example local to me that set me off on my hatred of these arrows.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4460526,0.0136791,50m/data=!3m1!1e3
As you approach these lights heading East, the left hand lane is marked as forward or left use.
After the lights (where there was no left turn) that same lane becomes left turn only.
Every time I go through that junction - and I mean every time - there is chaos at the crossroads as people in the left lane going forward are forced to merge with two other lanes going forward.
Those in the know get out of the left hand lane as soon as possible. But there are plenty who don't know of the trap lying ahead.

P.S. I've mentioned before that I avoid overtaking on roundabouts. Your video is an excellent example of why. Virtually no benefit, plenty of risk.
Especially when, like in this case, you can see that they are going to continue around to the right before you even get alongside them!

in spain you are wrong and the person who drives mercedes is good

Back