UK best dashcams available?

Kieran Vyas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at the Nextbase 512g. Budget is about £150. Can anyone recommend anything better? Thanks!!

Welcome to DCT. I wouldn't spend £150 on a dashcam with an internal LiPo battery, which will inevitably fail, probably within 18 months.

I suggest that you take a look at the Street Guardian range, which contain capacitors instead of a battery ...

http://hiniko.com

Ah great I didn't know that website existed! Is there any particular Street guardian dashcam you might recommend?

SGZC12RC have i higher chance of making a super stealthy install in most cars, and it can be used in just about any car window rear or left and right too, but a lot of cars will make just as stealthy a install on the windscreen with the SG9665GC.

SGZC12RC dont have GPS, SG9665GC do have GPS but dont have prebuffered event recording like the SGZC12RC have.

I own in the family the following nextbase cams, 3 x 101, 1 x 202lite, 1 x 402G, so after 5 cams I have experience, my advice so long as you don't ever need to rely on it(nextbase)it will still go wrong which is a shame as they are user friendly, all have had new batteries under warranty most before a year was out, between them faults are constantly changing date/time freezing/stopping turning off, turning mic on off at will displays failing, GPS never locking on etc etc etc the battery even when "good" can be so weak it doesn't last the 10 secs or so needed for correct shut down, therefore killing the last recorded file, the one with the accident!!
I would personally go for a 2 channel cam, a thinkware F770, but this is around £250, but no batteries to go wrong, when hardwired records whilst parked easy set up from phone with WIFI, the single channel cam F770 is around £200, the quality difference is night and day, you can always add rear cam later if wanted.
I bought Thinkware F770, I won't even give my nextbase away as I don't want the comeback from mates if they are in a crash knowing the nextbase cams I gave them can't be relied on.
These dashcam reviews done by magazines etc are all well and good, BUT they only tell you what a brand new one is like not a year or two down the line with cooked battery etc and all the faults with it.

Back