UK - Clocks Went Back An Hour Last Night

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Don't forget to adjust your DashCams accordingly. Possibly not necessary for those with GPS-enabled cams, but I have to adjust mine.

Also an opportunity to check recent video clips, to ensure files are being recorded to the memory card.

And for those of us in the U.S. this happens next weekend so put it on your calendar.

I leave mine on GMT all the time nowadays.

Stupid summer / winter time, get rid of that "poo"

D'oh! I didn't bother because my 0806 has GPS. I just remembered it has the time zone offset though, and it's set to summer time!

I wish they would scrap this summer time nonsense. The time of day should be defined as ... the time of day! Midday is the reference, set at 12:00, and other times are relative to that. There shouldn't be laws that force you to accept that something is what it isn't.

I don't even know if there's any legal weight behind Summer Time. It says clocks have to go forward. Which clocks? Who is obliged to take notice of it? What are the consequences if they don't? Can they kick down my front door and check every watch and punish me if they are set wrong? I assume not, but they must have applied pressure to put this system in place initially.

I'm all in favour of a revolution to fight this oppression. We should all start writing the time in ISO format with the GMT time offset included. It exposes the daylight saving scheme as the nonsense it is. And the best thing is they can't touch you for it!

End rant.

Last edited:
What are the consequences if they don't?
Well, you'd be one hour late for everything in the Spring/Summer and one hour early in the Autumn/Winter. :p

Well at least it evens out in the end :D I am with @Rajagra on this one
Me too, but as much as it costs to admit, unfortunately this is one of the things where we can't go against the tide. :(

Back