UK Dashmat/ Dash Cover supplier?

Midnight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm very pleased with my new little A118.

However, I'm getting some strong reflections off the dashboard with all the sun we're having at the moment.

Anyone know of any dashmat suppliers in the UK/Europe?

I can't seem to find any.

I got mine from Australia from these guys:

http://www.sunprotec.com.au/

There isn't really a UK market for them so it's either make your own or just import from another RHD country like Australia.

I have been looking for a DashMat for my Cee'd ever since I bought it. I have had them on several of my past cars and liked them. So far as I can see no one is making one for the left hand drive new model Ceed.

Those dashmates look like just the job.

I've seen them on Aus ebay for a little less than the site you recommended.

Did shipping take long?

Not at all, no more than two weeks from memory?

I have been looking for a DashMat for my Cee'd ever since I bought it. I have had them on several of my past cars and liked them. So far as I can see no one is making one for the left hand drive new model Ceed.

Although I don't specifically see your model, there are several other Kia model dashboard covers listed here. http://www.carid.com/dash-covers.html
You may want to drop them an email.

Is it better to buy a black one as Shevron sell charcoal ones that would probably fit my interior better.

I'd go for black if it improves glare though...

I've got to admit I've not tried the charcoal one - I've got the black one and to be honest it still causes a noise / sparkly effect on the window. I'm seriously considering painting it matte black after reading some posts on here saying that improves that :)

You can see the difference mine makes here:

Thanks Rev, it looks like your black one makes quite a difference.

I might try my handy skills with some black felt 1st but will probaly go with a black Shevron in the end :)

Thanks Rev, it looks like your black one makes quite a difference.

I might try my handy skills with some black felt 1st but will probaly go with a black Shevron in the end :)
felt can be good but remember that a lot of inexpensive black felt will fade and turn purple from the sun bleaching it. of course you can spraypaint it or just cut a new one, but that all depends on how lazy you are or aren't. (i'm lazy and just want to do something once and be done with it) :)

Back