niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
This is the lowest I could go for now.
Used some angle metal sheet and aftermarket mount.
Metal bracket is attached to windshield with double-sided tape.
Panorama G can be removed from it's mount two ways: sliding to the side from it's plastic mount holder, or sliding to the back from metal mount, but due to being ultra low profile mount ,it allows "to hide" it behind most of car rearveiw mirrors the way it will blends in with RVmirror, so in most cases no need to remove from car. However if needed to remove Panorama G, then it is quick slide in / out procedure ;)

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

I can't quite remember from taking my G to bits but if the GPS bit turns backwards after you drop the screws out (I can't remember if there were locating pins preventing that) you could get the G even closer to the glass!

That's mega though and would be a massive help with windscreens in a state like mine :)

I'll buy one right now if you got for mobius :p

I can't quite remember from taking my G to bits but if the GPS bit turns backwards after you drop the screws out (I can't remember if there were locating pins preventing that) you could get the G even closer to the glass!

That's mega though and would be a massive help with windscreens in a state like mine :)

I thought about this. It only need to cut those pins ( same as I described HERE ), then can turn GPS antenna facing inside car, but I dont know how it will affect a GPS performance. With present setup it still has good GPS signal, but if turning gps antenna inside car, I am not sure how this affect gps performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
One can only hope dashcam makers sneak in here and pay attention to what some ppl DIY, some of the stuff is really good and it is way better than many generic suctioncup and stick on mounts.

Back