unable to connect to phone yet recording

rick099

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello ,
I just bought this webcam & it installed nice & easily , I had full control to go back & look at videos of my garage wall lol, in the app
that was 2 days ago......... yesterday i came back to route the cable & went to check the cam & it would not connect ,got to connecting with the spinning wheel then stopped but no further progression , spent all day on it , uninstalling the app,format the 16gb class 10 card -trying a different phone , downloaded the latest firmware.

I get ''SD card found ,recording'' ,green light flashing when turning the car key to on & can manually long press to red ,which is fine but unable to access the app
I connected the cam to the PC & clips of 3 mins and an accompanying jpg are there, but strangely it did not record all the way home even though there was space on the card, because i had set it originally to 720p ,it had used just 2 GB

my phone is the POCO F1 running android 8.1 & [MIUI global 10.0]
I may add when trying to connect at the top left i can see SSID unknown [see pic]
can you help please?
Rick

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-05-20-34-47-555_cn.samntd.dvrlinker.b1w.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-05-20-34-47-555_cn.samntd.dvrlinker.b1w.png
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 10
Hello Rick, I am here, and will help you to solve it!
It happens if card failed or you plug the camera into your computer USB socket for power!
So, you can use your phone USB wall charger to power camera and give it a try without your memory card!

Hello estore009
thanks for replying ,nice to have a quick reply :)
I cannot follow what you mean 1. you say my card failed ? 2. this happens when you plug the dashcam into a pc [nowhere in the manual does it say do not do this]
3. use my phones charger to power dashcam & have no card in the dashcam to access the app ??
thank you ----------------

EDIT , I have been out driving , its recording ok ,so card must be ok , even though I cannot connect to the app-----i have now formatted clean Fat32

Last edited:
i tried "USB wall charger to power camera and give it a try without your memory card " but could not access app

i put the firmware cam ON files on dash cam but now im bricked i think, I now have solid green--- no audio of woman speaking & not showing under my computer

When you try to connect using the app, do you see the cam's wifi? (you show an image of unknown SSID)

When you are connected to the cam's wifi, have you tried turning off your mobile data?

When you try to connect using the app, do you see the cam's wifi? (you show an image of unknown SSID)

When you are connected to the cam's wifi, have you tried turning off your mobile data?

no unless i go to wifi settings & yes I have tried

i put the firmware cam ON files on dash cam but now im bricked i think, I now have solid green--- no audio of woman speaking
PM you reset firmware already, please check your inbox message!

yes i have done --- sucsessful , what next Vicky ?

Remove memory card from camera------Power on camera with your phone USB charger------Check your phone WAN setting, to see if there is a WiFi SSID names with "B1W-XXXXXXXXX"------ If yes, input password 1234567890 to connect/ if not, it should be faulty WiFi module from the camera------Open APP, click "connect" icon to continue

ok did all that ,its WORKING ,so i went through all the app settings , to change , very good ,thank you so much Vickey

i hope tomorrow it connects ;)

Suggest that you have a test your memory card with tool T2testw

Last edited:
yep ok I will --- did you say about a new app ?

ok doing that (y)

EDIT estore009 tested ok

Last edited:
Yes, please back to me if any questions to use it! Thanks!

Hi. Sorry to be piggybacking but I have a problem similar to the OP's. My first B1W installed fine, it's just my second one which is giving me a bit of aggro.

Having read through multiple threads and tried all of the solutions and recommendations, I think my best is to attempt a firmware reset and start again from scratch.

@estore009 I was wondering if you would be kind enough to send me the firmware reset software so I can continue on, as this is not available for download on the website.

Thankyou.

@estore009 I was wondering if you would be kind enough to send me the firmware reset software so I can continue on, as this is not available for download on the website.
PM you reset firmware and tool already, please check!

Back