Unable to connect to WiFi with Laptop? - DR500GW

Ian Miles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a challenge, or should I say question as I'm not even sure if this can be done!

I found some instructions online about how to view the recordings on the DR500 using an FTP client, I've used FTP before so I decided to download a free bit of software to see if I could connect, now please bear in mind that where I am at the moment I only have a laptop, no micro SD card reader with me at the moment.

Firstly, for some reason I cannot connect the laptop directly to the DR500 using wifi, is there a particular channel I have to use from the WiFi card? I am using the default settings to try and connect and it won't let me, despite my iPhone being able to do so without a problem.

Secondly, is it possible once the laptop is connected to view the config.ini file?

This has all stemmed from another issue where I have played back a file and was unable to hear any sound, but then realised the phone was on silent! So that was my mistake obviously! But I wondered if there was a way for me to explore and look around the camera without haveing to remove the SD card all the time.

Any help you can give or suggestions would be fantastic.

Thanks

Ian

Turn wifi on in the phone go to network centre in laptop Look for wireless connections.. What OS are you using Should be easy in WIn 8

Hey Hillbilly,

Thanks for the reply, I'm using Windows 7 but for some reason when I select it in the list of available networks which it shows in, and click on connect, it asks for a password which I assume is the deault one, then it says it's unable to connect.

The iphone connects fine but Windows doesn't which is odd.

Thanks

Ian

wont it be asking for the wireless network password

Yes, which I thought would be the default as that's the one I use from the phone, but that doesn't work

Well I have just been out to the car and after disconnecting from my home wifi i turned on the camera wifi and it connected and was able to view the files on the card. I just used blackvue all lowercase and it gave limited connectivity

I have a Sony Duo with Win 8.1 on it

Hmm, that is strange, for some reason my Dell comes up stating that it was unable to connect. I have no idea why as it should detect it as a legitimate device to connect to. I'll have to experiment and see what is going on. I wonder if there is a specific channel or something that I need to connect to? Or could the WiFi password for laptops be change to be different? Logic would suggest that changing the WiFi password on one device would replicate on all others right?

Now that is strange, I've just been able to connect to it...... I have no idea what is different other than I wasn't able to earlier!!

disconnect from any active network first as I did blackvue worked for me Am off to bed here down under.back in about 10 hours

Hey Hillbilly,

Thanks for the suggestion, for some unknown reason it decided to start behaving itself, immediately afterwards I used the Filezilla FTP program and read the card fine! Thanks for all your help, as always, you know your stuff!

Thanks

Ian

Back