Unable to discern what these series of beeps mean

wuddup

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys -- so I'm getting two sorts of beeps:
1. random beep while I'm driving (screen does not come on) and I'm unsure about what it means
2. not driving, just parked -- I was only able to record a series of beeps when I first turned my vehicle off. Could you guys help provide insight into what it's trying to tell me? Link to the video clip here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jk_cUeFzDG-px2IXq_Mh4XkiepnZGiTl/view?usp=sharing

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
The video the camera don't seem to be recording, so i would assume that's the problems with memory card beeps.

My own SG9663DC have not made any single random beeps while driving, and i don't use G sensor in any way, but i guess that could be G sensor ( if you use that ) activation and a event file created. ( if so then event files should be in the RO folder on the memory card.

I would run H2testw on that memorycard https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/help-files-memory-cards-h2testw.40450/
Maybe Sdformatter afterwards to totally reset the memory card to factory. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/help-files-memory-cards-sd-formatter.40449/#post-486231

What memory card do you use with the camera ?

Thanks for the prompt reply, @kamkar1

I'm currently using a
SanDisk 64GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Memory Card - 90MB/s, C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, SD Card - SDSDXVE-064G-GNCIN (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LORO7BA)

I'll run the diagnostics when I get home! Super appreciate the help!

I assume you have copy-paste Full size SD card link in an error. Dashcam uses MicroSD.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Oh @niko you're right -- I actually purchased a unit that came w/ the micro-SD, so whatever the SG comes with

Yeah i mainly asked cuz SG have sold some cards with their cameras that where not so good, and i think they replace them if needed.
But it is not the sandisk ones as i recall,,,,, though any memory card can die fast and suddenly, me personally i have seen 2 brand new 64 GB cards ( Trancend ultimate 633X and PNY U3 ) die on me before i got around to fill the card one time.
But thankfully the replacement cards have worked flawless.
and by now it is also the main reason i recommend people to keep a eye on their cameras memory cards, cuz set and forget are not a given thing, and especially not when you reach a couple of years age.
Now and then i spend 5 - 10 minutes on the computer looking over the 128 GB memory card i use in my DC. doing that every 2 months or so.

Oh @niko you're right -- I actually purchased a unit that came w/ the micro-SD, so whatever the SG comes with

Could be Sandisk Ultra A1 MicroSDXC?

Ill highlight @Street Guardian USA so he can chime in, maybe you are entitled to a free replacement or something.

All bundled memory cards are covered under our warranty if it ends up needing replacing.

Beeping = memory card issue

Last edited:
Could be Sandisk Ultra A1 MicroSDXC?
Definitely this one -- I just pulled it out. I'm also running MacOS, so I can't use the H2testw application to test the card. I seem to have every recording. I'm currently backing up all the existing video and will attempt to format the card, put it back into the cam, and see if I'm still getting beeps. Will report back later. I appreciate all the help! You all are so awesome!

Just received an unknown error after copying only 25% of the videos. I don't need any of the footage, so I'm attempting to format now

Looks like an erroneous SD card. Tried twice

Attachments

• broken_sd.png
    broken_sd.png
    90 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I made the purchase through Amazon back in January. I should probably still go through them. Right?

I made the purchase through Amazon back in January. I should probably still go through them. Right?
If you just bought the card through Amazon (vs bundled with the camera) you'll have to go through the card manufacturer for warranty replacement if it's after the Amazon 30 day return window. I'm currently doing that with a Samsung card.

Back