Unable to get hardwire kit to enter parking mode

newcamman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9663DCPRO
I just installed my hardwire kit for the DCPRO (old rear camera) running firmware version 1.17. I just can't seem to get the camera to enter into parking mode. I have it set to 3 wire, 30FPS with a shutdown time of 6 hours, and sounds turned on.

I hear no sound when I shut the car off, and I don't see the icon that the hardwire kit manual mentions when the camera enters parking mode. The camera just appears to stay in the normal driving mode. I'm fairly certain I have a good accessory connection since it my 12V sockets switch when expected, and the relay for this circuit shares the same coil power source as them. (See attached.)

See attached for the circuit diagrams for the circuits I'm using.
Car: 2016 Nissan Altima with
Batt: 14
ACC: 25

batt ckt.jpgbatt ckt 2.jpgacc ckt.jpg

I’ll be damned, yes it did. I guess Nissans own service manual is lying to me!

What fuse would you recommend for the acc wire? I know the power sockets turn off at the right time as that’s what I used for almost a year now. But I’d *really* rather not have a circuit with such a large current rating running through the tap.

the manual may not be lying to you, if the vehicle is CAN-BUS (good chance it is) that may be an accessory switched circuit but that doesn't always mean the the fuse has no power when the car is off if the circuit is controlled by the ECU, it could also be a timed ACC feed where it switches off after a set time, or after exiting the vehicle etc, I'll ask our tech if he is familiar with your vehicle and see what he comes back with

Thanks a lot I appreciate it! It just seems weird to me, it kinda looks like they imply that the relay for the sockets and that circuit share the same coil power source

For now I’ll just move the tap to the plug socket circuit that doesn’t see use as often.

Will there be any way to accommodate can bus in dashcams, i mean making it more easy to install in vehicles with that system, that i assume only get more widespread.

Will there be any way to accommodate can bus in dashcams, i mean making it more easy to install in vehicles with that system, that i assume only get more widespread.
some cars are more difficult than others, pretty much why products like the Cellink batteries exist, Japanese cars are generally ok though, the German cars can be a challenge

Just asking cuz i recall to have seen,,,,, :unsure: light bulbs ( LED probably ) that had some form of can bus or other cheat electronic to make them work in such cars.
So maybe something like that in a dashcam / hard wire kit, though not sure it would matter.
Just another brain storm of mine.

his reply

For 2013 - 2018 Nissan Altima:

+12V: Fuse 14 is ok, F1,2 or 16 is good too

+Acc: F20 or F21 which is Power Socket

Fuse 25 may be staying on due to BCM staying on as one side of the relay is control by the BCM. He can test F25 which goes to audio system, power distribution system by opening the driver's door after car is switch off and see if audio turns off which means +Acc has turned of. Some cars' +Acc don't turn off after you switch of car until you open the driver's door.

I hope that helps.

THIS seems to be something we're going to find more and more necessary in the future to make our dashcams function how we want them to ;) I'd rather the car manufacturers change how they do things to work better for us but we know that's not likely :(

Phil

THIS seems to be something we're going to find more and more necessary in the future to make our dashcams function how we want them to ;) I'd rather the car manufacturers change how they do things to work better for us but we know that's not likely :(

Phil
Main Website: https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/signal-triggers/ign-3

Looks like that could potentially be helpful if it works. Have you seen any posts of someone successfully using that?

5807bf9610484796bb6685930835d5de.png

Last edited:
Nothing heard on it directly, but Jokiin knows the company's reputation on their past products and said they make good stuff. So hopefully this is as good :cool:

Hopefully someone will try it soon!

Phil

Back