Unable to play EVERY LAST file for A119S? Corruption?

mrt2018

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have a119s for last two months. I cannot play every single LAST files associated with ignition off/key removed. All other files are viewable.

Anybody else has this problem? See attached screen prints. Please help. Thanks

A119S V2.4 Firmware
Samsung micro sd 64gb class 10, formatted before first use
Using original power cable plugged into cigarette lighter

Attachments

• dont support this file format1.jpg
    dont support this file format1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 29
  • dont support this file format 2.jpg
    dont support this file format 2.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 28
Looks like it shut off immediately. Just recorded a video. Please see.

Last edited:
can't make it out in your video, if the light under the REC key goes out immediately though that would indicate a problem with the capacitors, if that's the case talk to the seller about getting it replaced

Here's another recording. The red REC light? How long is it suppose to stay on after engine is turned off?

I bought on ebay from seller springnow15

Time for a replacement. Your seller is responsible for the VIOFO 1 year warranty service.

Bummer. Was hoping it was a setting issue, sd card, or cable. I also have a a119v2. Will test and let you guys know.

Purchased new in December 2017. In the mean time, I will just set recording length to 1 min instead of 3 min.

One other question. My profile setting are not saved and need to be repeated every time. For example, I changed exposure to +1/3 but it keeps going back to 0 when start the car again.

Internal battery issue?

Bummer. Was hoping it was a setting issue, sd card, or cable. I also have a a119v2. Will test and let you guys know.

Purchased new in December 2017. In the mean time, I will just set recording length to 1 min instead of 3 min.

One other question. My profile setting are not saved and need to be repeated every time. For example, I changed exposure to +1/3 but it keeps going back to 0 when start the car again.

Internal battery issue?
It seems internal RTC battery issue.

Internal battery issue?
When changing settings, be sure to press the ! button to confirm the new setting. Otherwise the new setting won’t hold.

Hi There!

I seem to have similar issues. I'm on FW 2.4 and have also experienced corrupt files. Today I had another one. It was the last file that was recorded.

Also I had two screen freezes (see photo) since I updated to FW 2.4. I had to reset the camera to factory default settings to make it work again.

Attachments

• A119S Issue.jpg
    A119S Issue.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for replying OCD Tronic.

Can you point me to FW2.6 as I cannot find it on Viofo's support website.

Correction
Latest A119 firmware is 3.6
Latest A119S firmware is 2.4 (no 2.6 yet, but I know a new beta is in the works)

Good. Thanks!

I will continue to use and test the dashcam with a different Micro SD card and change some settings for now (until beta Firmware is out).

My A119S was also bought from Ebay, December 2017.
FYI: I Just purchased a A119 PRO as my new front (main) camera.

Replace both super capacitors with new, quality ones. Problem will be solved.
Mike

HI Mike,

Thanks for the tip! I was considering this option, but the camera is only a few months old and still under warranty.
If the capacitors however are fairly inexpensive, I might do it myself.

Can you recommend a source for quality super capacitors?

HI Mike,

Thanks for the tip! I was considering this option, but the camera is only a few months old and still under warranty.
If the capacitors however are fairly inexpensive, I might do it myself.

Can you recommend a source for quality super capacitors?
With the camera on and recording, pull the power cable. Watch the red REC button light. Does it stay on for 5-8 seconds or shut off immediately? If it stays on for 5-8 seconds, then your caps are probably fine.

Back