Unable to record

I'll try and get a couple of pics of my class 10 cards when I get in this evening to illustrate my previous post. I do wonder if there are some counterfeit cards slipping through the net.

It's not enough to say the cards were bought from Amazon. Were they dispatched from & sold by Amazon, which is the best guarantee they're genuine. Or were they sold by other Amazon sellers like Base, Zoombits, Amufi Gadgets, etc, in which case all bets are off.

Here's a link to the one's I bought that don't work in the mobius. A seller called "Kingston" https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00519BEQY
Here are some shots of the dodgy cards:
Bad Card.jpg

And below are some shots of the card that worked from 7day shop: (I'm not promoting them at all as they may well provide duff cards too)
Good Card.jpg

Note: Serial number on rear. Slightly different fonts for the TAIWAN etc (and different ink) and the number 1 rather that 0 next to the FCC logo.
Also the two have different PCB track patterns so are clearly different card designs.

Like I said before, the "dodgy" cards actually test fine with h2 and I've had one in my hudl2 without any complaints so they may just be batches from different suppliers, subsequently branded by Kingston.

I've got some class 4 cards on order anyway just to be safe. :)

I've probably got some pics of it somewhere but in the electronics markets in Shenzhen there are sellers that have thousands of memory cards in trays for sale on display and they are blank, when they're ordered the brand is printed on before the customer collects them, a lot of dodgy memory in the market

I've probably got some pics of it somewhere but in the electronics markets in Shenzhen there are sellers that have thousands of memory cards in trays for sale on display and they are blank, when they're ordered the brand is printed on before the customer collects them, a lot of dodgy memory in the market

I know exactly what you meant. Same with brand name accessories, sport goods, watches, luggage, clothing, etc. Have to walk through shops, lanes, homes and stuffs to get to their warehouse. Name your brand and quantity and they'll supply.

I bought some 250 gb thumb drives made by Sony (package says) in Beijing. Tested on their computer, it recognizes 240 gb. external drive. Took it home, transfer photos and clips to it, all OK. Remove it, plug it back, nothing. Bloody thing has no memory inside. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
Kingston cards itself are upgraded and fake in storage capacity,there are the tools to update capacitity make ,for example 32MB look likes 256MB

Hi all. I'm a new Mobius owner, as of last Friday. The camera works great, ordered from BuyMobius.com. It has the latest firmware, v2.33.

Unfortunately, it seems, I also bought four 32GB Kingston Class 10 cards, and the Mobius won't record to any of them! I have formatted each card using the In-Camera method, and also tried the SDFormatter v4 utility, but either way, I get the same results as others in this thread:

The Yellow and Red LEDs slowly flash, indicating it's recording, but when I check the card afterwards, the folders are there, but no movie files. But if I put in a 4GB Toshiba card that came with my Nintendo 3DS, then it records no problem.

I did not buy the cards from the camera seller, instead I bought them from NCIX.com, where I've been buying computer parts for the past 20 years, so I would be shocked if these aren't legit cards. Also they were on sale, and since I'm in Canada, the shipping was quicker and cheaper. The cards work normally in Windows/Mac and other devices.

I thought I had done enough research on cards, but I guess not, because I didn't see this thread until I'd already bought my cards (isn't that how it always works). I can post pics of the cards later today if that helps, these four cards have Taiwan marked on them. Thanks for any ideas. I'm loving the camera otherwise, and these forums are a great resource!

It's got to be worth trying h2testw with the 4 cards you have from here:
https://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/h2testw/

If they pass fine it's got to be suggesting there's a compatibility issue there though that can be fixed hopefully?

Thanks reverend, that's something I hadn't tried yet, will post back when I've tested the cards. Thanks.

Thanks reverend, that's something I hadn't tried yet, will post back when I've tested the cards. Thanks.

I've never needed to use h2testw with any of my cards, however, I believe it's necessary to format each card first, & that to fully test a card takes several hours.

I've never needed to use h2testw with any of my cards, however, I believe it's necessary to format each card first, & that to fully test a card takes several hours.
Yeah it's best to use h2testw on an empty card as it ensures it can test all of the NAND correctly - well the stuff that can be written to by Windows anyway.

I've got to admit I always run every memory card through h2testw as a matter of habit so I don't get issues down the line - in all fairness I'm yet to have an issue with a fake card yet but I only ever buy from CostCo or Amazon fulfilled by Amazon as I'm Prime so tend to buy everything from Amazon. It'll get to the point where I can do my weekly shop on Amazon!

Tested my new Kingston cards with h2testw, no problems found.

Well, I tested and formatted my Kingston 32GB class 10 to death and there appears to be nothing wrong with it...I even recorded 2+ hours of HD video on a Panny camera so I know it works perfectly. This is appears to be a strange incompatibility issue with the Kingston card, sod's law I was amongst the first to find out on this previously bullet-proof card! Almost ruined the mobius 'newbie' experience for me :( Class 4 seems to be the safest route I think :)

Well, I tested and formatted my Kingston 32GB class 10 to death and there appears to be nothing wrong with it...I even recorded 2+ hours of HD video on a Panny camera so I know it works perfectly. This is appears to be a strange incompatibility issue with the Kingston card, sod's law I was amongst the first to find out on this previously bullet-proof card! Almost ruined the mobius 'newbie' experience for me :( Class 4 seems to be the safest route I think :)
Lately there seem to be a few Kingston class 10 that don't work properly with the Mobius. Assuming they are genuine (are they?) the card manufacturer may have used a different controller - which is not good.
It has always been emphasized that class 4 are the most reliable cards.

Update: Purchased a Class 4 Kingston 32GB, and it's working in my Mobius, no problems.

Back