Votes: 0 0.0%
  • facebook

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Wayne Graham

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've just purchased a Mini 0805 with GPS but cannot set my time zone. I have worked it out at the start of the settings where you can add 1 hr up to +12 or -12. I've worked it out that my time zone is 10 1/2 hrs. If I set it to +10, I'm 1/2 hr behind or if I set it +11 I'm 1/2 hr ahead. The only way I can get the correct time is setting it manually and turning off the GPS, which is pointless having GPS.

I remember that this already was a problem with 0803 devices. Developers only added +-1h zones. Unfortunately theres (very likely) no way to fix this.

Maybe @Rayman.Chan can help

By default they never have +9.5 and +10.5 timezone, I add these in our products as we need it for South Australia

I sorted my time issues +11 when we have daylight saving and +10 normally - the Crow Eaters are a bit strange and go for a split.

The default time when the GPS is on is GMT if you don't have the time zone set so you can run with that and do the time conversion to local time if needed after a prang.

I've just purchased a Mini 0805 with GPS but cannot set my time zone. I have worked it out at the start of the settings where you can add 1 hr up to +12 or -12. I've worked it out that my time zone is 10 1/2 hrs. If I set it to +10, I'm 1/2 hr behind or if I set it +11 I'm 1/2 hr ahead. The only way I can get the correct time is setting it manually and turning off the GPS, which is pointless having GPS.
I agree. I just received mine yesterday evening and there's no fractional time zone option in the setup, whole hours only. Considering how many places/countries use a 30 minute offset, that's a pretty glaring omission / flaw. Agree on the GPS as well. I wish I found this out before I bought this unit. Mine's going back.

I agree. I just received mine yesterday evening and there's no fractional time zone option in the setup, whole hours only. Considering how many places/countries use a 30 minute offset, that's a pretty glaring omission / flaw. Agree on the GPS as well. I wish I found this out before I bought this unit. Mine's going back.

they just use the default options that are in the SDK which doesn't support these, custom stuff needs to be coded by the devs

Remember it is a dash cam to record incidents when driving - not a camera to record happy snaps and movies for family. Why not leave the dash cam on GMT and if the cam video is actually used for something then just convert the displays to the required local time.

I
they just use the default options that are in the SDK which doesn't support these, custom stuff needs to be coded by the devs

I think you're right. A firmware update, if they'd bother to write it, would do the trick. From what I have read since (hindsight!) this 'feature' dates back to the 0801 and exists in the 0806 as well. Tks.

Remember it is a dash cam to record incidents when driving - not a camera to record happy snaps and movies for family. Why not leave the dash cam on GMT and if the cam video is actually used for something then just convert the displays to the required local time.

It is whatever your intention for buying it was. For a GPS enabled device this is a serious flaw, but maybe not for you.

What should be the timezone setting for Central US?
I set it to -6 thinking this is a GMT -6 but it ended up 6 hours ahead

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Mini 0805 9
A Mini 0805 11
Back