Unable to start SG9663DCPRO Dual

supermarkethero

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did an extensive search last year and finally settled with the SG9663DCPRO dual and have been using it daily. It was a setup once and forget about it, kind of installation process. However, this morning, the welcome flashing chime didnt stop chiming and it seemed like it was on loop.
I've tried resetting the unit but it didn't do anything thing. I've also tried removing the memory card and resetting it. Does anyone know what is wrong with my unit and have any suggestions for fixing this?

Last edited:
It sounds like an old firmware bug. Try re-flashing the firmware, that's the only true way to reset these. Let us know how that goes.
Also test with rear camera left unplugged.

Yes i tried sort of the same with another SG camera, reloading the firmware ( i was on newest one at the time ) solved that problem ever after.

You of course want to go with the latest firmware, and be aware of the several models of the SG9663DC, there are the regular old one i have, then there are the pro and finally the pro+
So a few people have tried but grabbed the wrong firmware.

Wow! At this point I'm amazed at the response time of my query than wondering why my unit is faulty! I'll try the firmware upgrade when I get home and update you guys. Thank you!

With the dual cameras the connection to the rear camera can some times be the reason for poor behavior, so thats why one of the first things to do if a dual setup become weird is to disconnect the rear camera, if the front then boot and work like normal the error most often lie in the cable / connections, and a few times in the rear camera unit itself.

In this thread you will find the latest beta firmware's, which are pretty safe to go with and should not do anything bad in regard to normal operation or for that matter warranty.
As you camera are also just a year old, and i assume you have signed up for the 2 year warranty, then the guys will also have your back if the camera have gone sour, replacement hardware normally take a day or two to reach anywhere in mainland US.

That beta thread is out of date currently as it’s showing 1.08

Latest public release firmware for SG9663DCPRO is 1.10

O i dident even think that far :sleep: but the boss are most likely right, the PRO and PRO+ are quite new models in the DC range.
You can see what firmware are on the camera now if you scroll down the the very last item in the menu ( assuming you can get in there )
But i would take the boss on the word rather than a wanna be hang around like me. :)

the Amazon listings in the USA were updated from DC to DCPRO so when people that bought a DC look up their order history it shows DCPRO, unfortunately Amazon backdates the changes which is confusing

O i dident even think that far :sleep: but the boss are most likely right, the PRO and PRO+ are quite new models in the DC range.
You can see what firmware are on the camera now if you scroll down the the very last item in the menu ( assuming you can get in there )
But i would take the boss on the word rather than a wanna be hang around like me. :)

There is no DC PRO+

you’re mixing up SG9663DCPRO with SGGCX2PRO

SGGCX2PRO now comes in SGGCX2PRO+

Aaaa yeah that will even do me in, though i would not look in my Amazon,,,, waht do you call it "wallet" i would look at the box or on the camera itself.

:rolleyes: :cautious: See some times i should just keep my mouth shut, or probably more like think before i type. :oops:

I would need a cheat sheet to be a good supporter i think, otherwise i might dig some deep holes for everyone to fall into.

I would need a cheat sheet

@supermarkethero

If you bought it at the end of last year it’s possible it’s a SG9663DCPRO. We changed over just before X’mas

Any time before that it would have been SG9663DC

If you are checking your order history on Amazon it will re-direct you to the new SG9663DCPRO page even if you bought the SG9663DC since the same listing was recycled.

Private message me or email your name and order number if you need help confirming.

This may come about 3 months late, but I had things come up and now that they are out of the way, I finally got to sit down to try to do the patch fix that was suggested. I downloaded the SG9663DC patch (I checked the box and it said SG9663DC) and copied the .bin file into the empty SD card. I plugged the SD card in and powered the unit up. Unfortunately, it still did the same issue where the unit kept looping at the welcome chime, the one where the SG logo shows up. Am I missing something here?

The firmware update won’t take if the card is factory new or Formatter in computer exFAT. All cards larger than 32GB come Formatted exFAT and are Forster exFAT in Windows. The camera formats cards FAT32.
You’ll need to use a 32GB card to perform the update since they only come FAT32. Do the update with rear camera left unplugged. You can also ship to our main USA office if needed for warranty service. (Let me know)

Thanks. I would let you know how it goes. Right now I would need to source for a 32GB card and see if it works.

Wanted to give an update that I finally got time to flash the unit by using a 32GB SD card and the unit managed to power up without any issues! Thank you all for the help!

Back