Unable to trans SD card video to an iPad without a computer first.

SR14626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Mini - Blackvue 900S
I”m a newbie. Has anybody been able to figure out a simpler way to transfer a dash cam SD video card into an iPad using the dongle method without needing a computer first and moving files to a DCIM folder etc, etc. I don’t have a computer, just the iPad Pro. I have a feeling that I will need a computer. May have to continue using the wifi method and transfer from iPhone photos

Last edited:

Thank you but I do have a USB – C dongle at the moment. This does not have the right files to transfer video to my iPad. Am I missing something or does the one that you suggest that have the correct files to transfer video onto my iPad. Photos work just fine.

AAA3D8A0-0C8E-4A6C-8C15-32B324B23809.jpeg

Does not work. Others have tried and cannot get it to work either until the new iOS 13 next month comes out hopefully. This is on the new iPad Pro using the USB – C adapter.

next version of iOS should sort this out for you, current version is restricted in what files you can see via the reader

next version of iOS should sort this out for you, current version is restricted in what files you can see via the reader

Agree.

Edited: I made a mistake and was looking at the iPad photo app instead of looking in The Files app. Now seeing the BlackVue camera videos. All is well now.

Last edited:
Back