Unable to update firmware...

Alhefner

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, I know it can be done but, for some reason, my firmware does not update. I downloaded the firmware.bin file and I do get the prompt to update when I power on but ONLY if the camera is NOT connected to external power... if it has car power to it, power up does not give the firmware update prompt.

So, without external power, I select "Yes" for firmware update and press the 'record' button. I do see a short "Processing" message for about a second then that goes away. When I check the firmware version though, it still the old 2013 version that came with the camera.

I tried powering up to get the prompt and THEN putting it onto the mount with external power but I still get the same results as above... "processing" for a second but no actual update to the firmware.

What am I doing wrong?

May be the wrong firmware? 0805 was released in autumn 2014.

It is really 0805? A you sure?

That's what was on the box and that's what's on the little instruction booklet that came with it... It looks the same as every Mini 0805 I've seen photos of too... There are no external markings on it though.

0805 was released in autumn 2014. While you are have firmware on the 2013. I think you cheated.

Perhaps... I have no real way to tell. The dashcam works very well though except for this firmware update thing. It's a small problem in the overall scheme of things since I really just wanted the MPH option instead of only having KPH.

What options do you have for video resolution?

I have one of those cameras. It is not an 0805.

It is a fake 0801. If I'm right, it'll have red menus.

I'm good thanks. Thought I recognised the user name ;)

Back