Unbrick Xiaomi Yi Z25L

Adam Gelineau

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi guys,

I'm writing here today because my new Xiaomy Yi is bricked...
I tried to unbrick it with your tuto, but it's for Z22 and Z23 cameras, and I have a Z25L one.

So, i'm wondering if you know how to fix my problem...
I'm disappointed, I'm sure it can work really good but it doesn't.

Just in case your need more informations about my issue, when i try to put the camera ON, i just have 3 red leds, no beeps, and no ring led.
When i connect the camera to my PC with the USB cable, i first have only the ring led which is red. If i try to put the camera ON when connected to PC, I have no beeps, the 3 red leds and the ring led which is still red.

How can i fix it ?..
Thanks for your help !

L all use the same firmware for now , we think that the Z25L will follow the same line

L all use the same firmware for now , we think that the Z25L will follow the same line

Hi,
The message from Xiaomi YI support team:

'...There is only one firmware that comes with your camera for Model Z25L. And it can’t be updated with firmware for 22L or 23L models...'

Firmware for 25L v.1.3.0 can be downloaded from here (thanks Xiaomi Yi support).

Resolution addresses (and probably bitrate addresses) are different for this version of firmware.
I didn't tried yet to flash with firmware from 22L or 23L to unlock different bitrates, but I plan to do it soon. Specially I have now 1.3.0 firmware to recover in case of bricking the cam. But this process in my execution will be long and painful ;) so maybe someone more skilled can use file above for reverse engineering.

The file is in the link has error decompressing, internally also has the name of the Z22L and 1.2.13, then either it is a mistake or something goes wrong
Hi,
The message from Xiaomi YI support team:

'...There is only one firmware that comes with your camera for Model Z25L. And it can’t be updated with firmware for 22L or 23L models...'

Firmware for 25L v.1.3.0 can be downloaded from here (thanks Xiaomi Yi support).

Resolution addresses (and probably bitrate addresses) are different for this version of firmware.
I didn't tried yet to flash with firmware from 22L or 23L to unlock different bitrates, but I plan to do it soon. Specially I have now 1.3.0 firmware to recover in case of bricking the cam. But this process in my execution will be long and painful ;) so maybe someone more skilled can use file above for reverse engineering.

The file is in the link has error decompressing, internally also has the name of the Z22L and 1.2.13, then either it is a mistake or something goes wrong

Thanks for this! I didn't have time to even check the file.
Well I will contact Yi support once again.

We are talking about the version 1.3 for Z25L and have since 1.2.13 for Z22L

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

We are talking about the version 1.3 for Z25L and have since 1.2.13 for Z22L
The broken archive containing all three files.
They successfully extracted.
Other questions to the producer...)

Firmware from 22/23L v.1.2.13 is working on 25L! Camera is operational #downgrading 25L. I'm testing the scripts at the moment.

I just got response from Yi Support team that .elf files for 22L are working with 25L. Following that I updated my 25L with firmware 23L v 1.2.13 and no problems with camera.

How do you do to "downgrade" the firmware?
Do we have to "open" the camera?

Firmware from 22/23L v.1.2.13 is working on 25L! Camera is operational #downgrading 25L. I'm testing the scripts at the moment.

I just got response from Yi Support team that .elf files for 22L are working with 25L. Following that I updated my 25L with firmware 23L v 1.2.13 and no problems with camera.

Is it really working without any problems? I got 0% battery problem, unable to change wi-fi SSID and password and when I try to copy file via usb cable the cam freezes. Not cool, but still usable. Looking for a way to get back to 1.3.0 though.

Firmware from 22/23L v.1.2.13 is working on 25L! Camera is operational #downgrading 25L. I'm testing the scripts at the moment...

Write some short instruction how you did that. I have 25L (1.3.0 firm) and looking for solutions to improve quality.

Back