Unhappy Buyer

Well problem now solved with a genuine SD card validated with H2testw
Thanks to all those members that pointed me in the right direction

I have eMailed the eBay supplier of my 'fake' card to tell him my results using H2testw and to advise him that he has duped me !

Looking at his eBay Feedback tonight though everyone ( and I mean everyone ) feeds back that his cards are 'great with no problems' !!

Why is it that I always get the faulty one ??

To be honest if a card works they're probably not realising there is an issue until it's too late so it's unlikely just to be you. Fake ones do slip through every now and then or there's the chance it's just faulty.

That h2testw is an absolute gem and I automatically test all new cards now without even thinking about it :)

Do you have a link to the one that you had please? Usually if you see the word upgraded anywhere in there it's a fake!

Looking at his eBay Feedback tonight though everyone ( and I mean everyone ) feeds back that his cards are 'great with no problems' !!
That appears to be normal with the fake cards, I assume that other than dashcam users, nobody ever uses enough of their new cards to realise that there is an issue. If most people where returning them then they wouldn't be in business.

The best way to distinguish a fake card seller from a real card seller is to look for the word "upgraded" hidden somewhere in the description.

There is a big headache for us, that people always complaint that camera has issue, when we asked for checking their SD card, the answer is we just brought new SD card from Ebay, Looks good.

The fake SD card made a list of problems on cam, but people could not verify which SD card is good.

To be honest if a card works they're probably not realising there is an issue until it's too late so it's unlikely just to be you. Fake ones do slip through every now and then or there's the chance it's just faulty.

That h2testw is an absolute gem and I automatically test all new cards now without even thinking about it :)

Do you have a link to the one that you had please? Usually if you see the word upgraded anywhere in there it's a fake!

Looking at my eBay sellers page he does say Upgraded from 8gb and Not Suitable for camcorders !

I missed the bit about camcorders but at the time I wasn't aware of the relevance of Upgrade

As I say I learn something new every day

Last edited:
Sometime we do believe, there is a reason some stuff are selling high price.
I consider eBay like Taobao in China, you always can find low possible price stuff, but you will pay the cost the end.

That appears to be normal with the fake cards, I assume that other than dashcam users, nobody ever uses enough of their new cards to realise that there is an issue. If most people where returning them then they wouldn't be in business.

The best way to distinguish a fake card seller from a real card seller is to look for the word "upgraded" hidden somewhere in the description.
As I have said earlier my dashcam is working great now I have fitted a legit SD card
I have however noticed that I get a 2 second break in playback video going from one file to the next and I'd like to know if this is to do with the SD card ?
My card is a Samsung 32gb Class 6 and it was free of problems when I ran the H2testw before putting it in the camera. Perhaps this card is substandard in some way
Thanks

I think that is highly unlikely to be a problem with the SD card.

What are you using to playback the video?
Is it a 2 second delay in playback or 2 seconds of missing video?

I recommend using Registrator Viewer for playback...

What he said.

It is a 2sec gap between files on playback as seen on my HD Television

Screen just goes black for 2 secs. Don't think I am losing frames

My Laptop playback with Registrator is jerky It's an old machine

It is a 2sec gap between files on playback as seen on my HD Television

Screen just goes black for 2 secs. Don't think I am losing frames

My Laptop playback with Registrator is jerky It's an old machine
Perhaps I should clarify , I have set my 0805 cycle time to 3 mins. It is between these 3 min clips that I get a 2 sec blackout

I suspect the TV was not designed specifically to play dashcam loop recordings. I think I would have expected a slight pause between what it will see as separate videos.

If you use Registrator Viewer, and you select a 10 minute segment (right click on progress bar) then save that fragment as a single video file, your slow computer will then probably be able to play it through without any pauses using the standard video player... as will the TV...

Looking at my eBay sellers page he does say Upgraded from 8gb and Not Suitable for camcorders !

I missed the bit about camcorders but at the time I wasn't aware of the relevance of Upgrade

As I say I learn something new every day

I had exactly the same problem with a card I bought from ebay last year. It was advertised as 32gb but turned out to be 8gb "upgraded" to 32gb which I read afterwards in the terms and conditions of the ebay advert. Ebay were not interested when I reported it although the seller did give me a refund.

H2TEST flagged up numerous errors when tested.

I managed to haggle a £19 32g card down to £15 in a shop but was naffed off when I bought another off ebay to find this guy sells genuine stuff ....

There are some good sellers on ebay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131397362661

No real insight except to say with my 0801 I had a buggy mount/GPS. Bought another one... problem fixed.

I had exactly the same problem with a card I bought from ebay last year. It was advertised as 32gb but turned out to be 8gb "upgraded" to 32gb which I read afterwards in the terms and conditions of the ebay advert. Ebay were not interested when I reported it although the seller did give me a refund.

H2TEST flagged up numerous errors when tested.

How this seller manages to keep a decent feedback score I don't understand - member since 2005, 99.1% positive, with a score of over 9000...

256 GB micro SD for £18:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171565004689
11 sold in last 24 hours!

Wonder when he is going to introduce 512GB microSD cards, looks like they would sell well and receive good feedback even though he very clearly states that they are all really 8GB and will cause errors if you try to write more.

How this seller manages to keep a decent feedback score I don't understand - member since 2005, 99.1% positive, with a score of over 9000...

256 GB micro SD for £18:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171565004689
11 sold in last 24 hours!

Wonder when he is going to introduce 512GB microSD cards, looks like they would sell well and receive good feedback even though he very clearly states that they are all really 8GB and will cause errors if you try to write more.

Can not believe the price can be such low? reasonable?

SD card.PNG

Back