Uniden DCAM Sound Issue

OstentaciousOrc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I searched around a bit first and did what I saw to be suggested in many different posts, so I went ahead and changed the SD card to a SanDisc 32GB Class 10 and the problem persists. There is a weird buzzing/humming sound that goes in and out while recording. This camera is plugged in via cigarette lighter. You can hear it in this video starting at 2:20

Hoping someone might have a better idea of what the problem is, thanks.

try powering from a different source to see if the noise is induced or inherent, if induced a different power supply might sort things out, if it's inherent it could be a hardware fault, or just a design fault, knowing which model you have might have been useful also

try powering from a different source to see if the noise is induced or inherent, if induced a different power supply might sort things out, if it's inherent it could be a hardware fault, or just a design fault, knowing which model you have might have been useful also

Thanks. Model is just listed as DCAM online and in the manual

Ferite Choke might help filter electrical noise

Ferite Choke might help filter electrical noise

Hmm never heard of that. A quick google search pulled up a little device that looks like it just gets wrapped around an existing cord?

Hmm never heard of that. A quick google search pulled up a little device that looks like it just gets wrapped around an existing cord?

Yes , also ferite chokes that clip onto a wire / cable .. I have several myself ...

++ jokiin = Camera might be noisy ..

Back