Uniden I85r recording

kamal1783

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have an i85r front and rear dash cam but it is not recording video.

not sure if it only records when it deems that an event needs to be recorded?
If anyone else has experience with testing the recording on this camera it would be appreciated.

I have attempted to take photos via the app and they work fine. But can’t seem to take videos on demand. I have had the dashcam for over a month now and it still has not taken any videos .

I can confirm I do have an SD card installed and I know the SD card is working because it is storing photos.

G'day M8
Welcome to the forum.

Well a memory card getting hit by a photo, are a far cry from a memory card getting hit by 30 photos every second that make up a video.
What brand / model is your memory card ?
Have you formatted the memory card in the camera ? that should be the first order of the day setting up any system.
The camera should start recording video as soon as you turn on the car and the camera power on, no need to push any buttons for that.

The uniden brand see extremely little action on this forum, it dont even have its own sub forum in the "other brands" sub forum where brands with little action hang out.

Last edited:
Hi Kamkar,

Thanks for your response. The SD Card is a Sandisk 128 GB Micro SDHC Extreme Plus. I can confirm that I have formatted the memory card in the camera. I am still trying to get a response from Uniden...but if they don't respond within this week. I am just going to return the dash cam to the shop.

Is there somewhere on this forum where I can see which are the most recommended dash cams that are available in Australia?

There is the best dashcams of 2021 page. https://dashcamtalk.com/best-dash-cams-of-2021/
But unsure about availability in Australia.

One of, if not the only dashcam brand where on this forum you can get a hold of the boss himself, thats actually a Australian brand, they also carry a very good approach to customer care.
But they are not among the cheapest of brands.
The camera you have appear to be 4K ( not sure if thats true or not, there are brands faking it with extrapolated 4K from a lesser resolution sensor ),,,, anyway Street Guardian are not yet on the 4K ball if that is a absolute must, but i recon they will send me such a camera to test before too long ( i am affiliated with them as they send me stuff to beat on for free )

Back