Unit beeps randomly while driving, no apparent issue

AceM

Reaction score
Country
United States
My unit is about 14 mo old, was professionally installed with parking mode and recently the unit will beep, its not often and it might do it 3 times over the course of an hr. I look at the screen and both cameras are working fine and there is no error or anything. This has happened on the last 2 trips i took and it was on smooth road no bumps. I dont drive a lot right now either.

check your memory card, random beeps is a card error
I connected it to my pc and did used the windows scan tool and it found no issues, is there something else i should try?

scan tool won't tell you anything, take the card out and use a card reader and check it with CrystalDiskMark and see what the speeds look like, if it looks ok do a full overwrite using SDformatter to set the card back to default settings and go from there

scan tool won't tell you anything, take the card out and use a card reader and check it with CrystalDiskMark and see what the speeds look like, if it looks ok do a full overwrite using SDformatter to set the card back to default settings and go from there

these are the results of a samsung 256gb from amazon, will use sdformatter now

Attachments

• CrystalDiskMark_20201119155900.png
    CrystalDiskMark_20201119155900.png
    63 KB · Views: 15
Hi!

Mine do also that since 3 months. I have this camera since less one year. Beep once or twice then stop to beep but everything seems fine. It happens once by week. For the moment the sd card still working.

I had this issue with my A129, I would be missing footage whenever the random beeps occurred.

I ran all the tests etc recommended here, but it still happened, and the card was a Viofo branded High Endurance MLC card.

I can only suggest you try another card for a while

This exactly what happened to me (see my thread here). You'll see on your dashcam that every time it beeps unexpectedly the record timer has reset to zero. If you play back the videos on a pc you'll see you're missing a few seconds of footage just before the beep.

The write speed of all SD cards degrades over time the more the card is written to. Once it drops below the required rate (bitrate of the recordings + overhead) it causes recording errors. I originally had a 256GB Sandisk Ultra A1 that started causing this issue after approx 9 months regular usage. I replaced it with a 128GB samsung pro endurance and everything is working perfectly again.

Links for more info:
https://carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-microsd-cards-for-dash-cameras
https://mashtips.com/dashcams-drones-endurance-microsd-card/

Mine has started beeping now too, every 5 minutes or so, but worked flawlessly for over a year. (I was an early beta tester, and have had it since August of 2019). When I put a cheap quality card in, it beeped often, but with a better quality card it has been fine for all that time - until very recently.

I have always felt that the beeps indicate a write or buffer full error, where the card can't keep up with 2 streams of data being sent to it.

It just means it's time to retire that memory card and get a new higher quality replacement, which can "keep up" with the large amount of data being sent to dual simultaneous files. :)

Back