Unit length

R

Richard Ayrton

Hello, would anyone know the length of the unit once the cable tidy is connected?

Many thanks.

Cable tidy is 9.5cm long, B40 is about 7 cm, total length is around 16.5cm

I can't say as I shortened my cable tidy to suit my needs. Easy to saw through using a fine saw and mitre block.

Cable tidy is 9.5cm long, B40 is about 7 cm, total length is around 16.5cm
Thank you @Nico I have a large panoramic windscreen with no trim to hide the cable. So looking to maximise the wedge design and cable run.

Thank you @Nico I have a large panoramic windscreen with no trim to hide the cable. So looking to maximise the wedge design and cable run.

No problem.
As I understood you are looking to find something to extend cable tidy ?
Maybe black colour cables covers will do the job ? But it may be hard to find correct size ( width / height ), just giving you some ideas.

080-552_HR_0.jpg

Last edited:
No problem.
As I understood you are looking to find something to extend cable tidy ?
Maybe black colour cables covers will do the job ? But it may be hard to find correct size ( width / height ), just giving you some ideas.

080-552_HR_0.jpg
Correct; looking to extend any cable tidy. Also looking at the possibility of using something like a Mobius mounted on the dash as opposed to the window. Thanks for your help.

Correct; looking to extend any cable tidy. Also looking at the possibility of using something like a Mobius mounted on the dash as opposed to the window. Thanks for your help.
You are welcome.
May I ask what car make / model / year do you have ?

You are welcome.
May I ask what car make / model / year do you have ?
Citroen C4 Picasso, '10 plate. The model I have does not have the rain sensor and trim which would help hide any cables. Just loads of glass:eek:

Citroen C4 Picasso, '10 plate. The model I have does not have the rain sensor and trim which would help hide any cables. Just loads of glass:eek:

Yeah, we had one member with C4 HERE
One of the mounting solution I recommended to think about is HERE

Just to confirm, is this is how your C4 looks like ?

wallpapers_citroen_c4_picasso_2010_1.jpg

probably the largest windscreen on any passenger car, those things are huge

Your SGZC12RC might be useful where it's difficult to hide cables - mine sits next to the A-pillar, behind the sun visor. Cable is all inside the A-pillar trim.
I don't have a 'panoramic' windscreen/roof but I wanted the cam in that position for various other reasons.

-

Yeah, we had one member with C4 HERE
One of the mounting solution I recommended to think about is HERE

Just to confirm, is this is how your C4 looks like ?

wallpapers_citroen_c4_picasso_2010_1.jpg
Sadly not. No trim between the headlining and the mirror. There is a gap of 22cm between the rear view mirror and the sun visor tracks. That's why something on the dash / A pillar will probably be more appropriate.

Attachments

• IMG_20160910_084609.jpg
    IMG_20160910_084609.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 13
Sadly not. No trim between the headlining and the mirror. There is a gap of 22cm between the rear view mirror and the sun visor tracks. That's why something on the dash / A pillar will probably be more appropriate.

Sometimes my dash-top has the Cobra 840 but at other times it has a JooVuu X or Mobius C2.
Today it's set up for a curious experiment into defeating 'flash for cash' type scams after a comment made by @Kip here: > link <
Often I have a cam peeping through the driver's small A-pillar window recording 720p60 but not all cars have A-pillar windows.
Pics of experimental setup for my journey today (2x Mobius C2c at right angle to each other).
The adhesive mounts have a small screw inside the cup which penetrates about a quarter inch into the dash top because I find adhesive alone doesn't stick.

-

Reactions: Kip
Sometimes my dash-top has the Cobra 840 but at other times it has a JooVuu X or Mobius C2.
Today it's set up for a curious experiment into defeating 'flash for cash' type scams after a comment made by @Kip here: > link <
Often I have a cam peeping through the driver's small A-pillar window recording 720p60 but not all cars have A-pillar windows.
Pics of experimental setup for my journey today (2x Mobius C2c at right angle to each other).
The adhesive mounts have a small screw inside the cup which penetrates about a quarter inch into the dash top because I find adhesive alone doesn't stick.

-

Thank you for the photos....Is the Mobius mounted on the dash have enough elevation to get a decent view of the road ahead?

Thank you for the photos....Is the Mobius mounted on the dash have enough elevation to get a decent view of the road ahead?

Yes - just. It's also possible to use screw-threaded photography adapters to slightly raise a cam. I find low-mounted cams suffer much less windscreen reflection in my car, compared to high-mounted cams. They also don't fall under windscreen obstruction laws.

Random screenshot of a JooVuu-X (upper) and Mobius (lower) below - and a picture of some photography adapters - the mount with the JooVuu is identical to those on my dash top. The inter-connectors can be used as inter-connectors to slightly lengthen a mount or add an extra angle option. I sometimes use them as extensions for suction cup mounts.

-
And this is what the two Mobius cams saw (not entirely surprising conclusion: A-pillars get in the way, would be better with side-window cams)

-

Good idea with 2 mobius.
I would install them into top corners of the windshield. Left mobius facing 45 degree to the right and Right mobius facing 45 degree to the left. Basically same what you did in the centre of dashboard, but moving them to the top corners of the windshield. This would make them more discrete, wires would be hidden and to get more elevation of the road.

Cheers guys for the suggestions. Other than for the rear of the car, I don't think the wedge shape is the most suitable. However, still the form factor I prefer!

I'll bob over to the Mobius / Joovuu threads for a mooch :rolleyes:

Cheers guys for the suggestions. Other than for the rear of the car, I don't think the wedge shape is the most suitable. However, still the form factor I prefer!

I'll bob over to the Mobius / Joovuu threads for a mooch :rolleyes:
I have 2 Mobius cams, & they're a good choice. For your car, I'd probably go with something like the SGZC12RC for it's form factor & discreet / minuscule nature. Both shown below ...

image.jpeg

If the SGZC12RC exceeds your budget, consider it's 'generic equivalent' the MG600 ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282124155147
Not as good, but good enough.

Back