Unit turns off with Power Magic Pro

Cookie uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I am on my third Power Magic pro with a DR750. Unit will turn off after 30mins. Have moved positive to different connection. Verified voltage with multi meter. Only thing I have not changed is BlackVue itself. Car is a UK Ford 2008 S-Max. Connection is now on cigarette lighter which stays on after car is shut off. Thoughts? I am about to junk the whole thing and get something different.

Did you chcek the voltage on the source for PMP or somewhere else? The other source (cigarette lighter) could be stabilised even though battery voltage drops.

Is the supply voltage at least 0.2V above that set on the PMP.

Yes. Voltage is 12.3v. In any case even if the box does go off it does not come back on when car starts. Have to flick unit from on to off.

Mine did similar. I have Power Magic Pro set to 12v, infinity time and still cuts off after two hours. I unplugged wires from Power Magic Pro (the connector with clip) and toggled setting to what I want, reconnect wires and powered on. It works flawlessly since then.

Sounds like a bad PMP. You're on your third one, but has the wiring harness been swapped so far, or just the module?

Back