Unknown Dashcam GPS Not Working

CCH

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi I am a very new member.
I had a much earlier dual channel GPS dashcam sometime back in 2011 and had been working fine until it hit the Google API issue. Fortunately, thanks to your website and in particular , your well known member flip9, I was able to use Registrator Viewer for the Google maps. However, I do not have support for the dashcam as it was bought from a brick & mortar shop that has since closed down. The camera can still record but without GPS data. I tried replacing the GPS attachment with a spare but to no avail. I believe that I may need to upgrade the firmware but I am not sure where I can get it from as I do not know who the manufacturer is, other than it came from China or Korea ( I have attahced a photo of the packaging for possible identification ). As a last resort, I may have to get a new one and I was looking at the Mini 0906 which seems to be early days, seeing all the issues on your forum. In the meantime, I would appreciate any help from fellow members.

Attachments

• IMG_20180402_104910.jpg
    IMG_20180402_104910.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180402_104650.jpg
    IMG_20180402_104650.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 13
That's a generic Chinese model, no branded versions of this model that I've ever seen so it might be a challenge to find the information you need

That's a generic Chinese model, no branded versions of this model that I've ever seen so it might be a challenge to find the information you need

Thanks Jokiim for your quick response.

I do have some good news today as I discovered there is GPS data recorded by my dashcam. It's just not showing up on the LCD display of the camera.
I could see the GPS info and the real time Google map in Registrator View. I guess I can live with that although it would be nice to have it on the camera as it had been before the Google API issue.

Anyway, I would like to ask you about the Mini 0906. Is there any separate battery that I could hook up to for extended parking mode ? I know that there is the CellinkB which can be use effectively as it is rechargeabe and being separate does not impact the car battery. I believe the CellinkB is BlackVue's version but it would be nice to have the Mini 0906 version.

Cellink B has nothing to do with Blackvue, different company, I think the Cellink Neo might be a better choice for a camera that has 3 wire parking mode though

I use the Anypower T Plus for my battery backup. Works great. Has hardwire or cigarette lighter option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your info. I would certainly look at Anypower T Plus which for some reason has been replaced and unavailable except at Ebay ( Anypower T Plus Alpha ). It seems that it is in the running with Cellink. I am still mulling over this as what's available don't seem to be quite there yet. The backup at best is 40 hrs (claimed by Cellink Neo) and recharging also takes quite a while. Thanks again for sharing your experience on Anypower T Plus.

Thanks for your info. I would certainly look at Anypower T Plus which for some reason has been replaced and unavailable except at Ebay ( Anypower T Plus Alpha ). It seems that it is in the running with Cellink. I am still mulling over this as what's available don't seem to be quite there yet. The backup at best is 40 hrs (claimed by Cellink Neo) and recharging also takes quite a while. Thanks again for sharing your experience on Anypower T Plus.
Yes ebay has them but I can tell you that they work very well for the price. At the time I got mine July 2017, it was available on Amazon. Inoqid $130 for it. The price have since gone up a bit. It was the best bang for the buck and worth trying so I did. I've run 2 Goluk T3s. Currently running Blackvue DR590 2ch and it will last an entire day not running the vehicle of charged. My commute to work is usually 40-45 min. Another good thing about this unit that most others don't do is that it can output power like a regular battery pack if needed to charge cellphone and what not. I don't us it for any other features besides parking mode for myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back