Unknown dashcam

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
I found another sweet deal on OLX but I don't recognize this camera. Anyone knows what it is?
Unknown dashcam 1.jpg
Unknown dashcam 2.jpgUnknown dashcam 3.jpg
The seller bought it from Russia (the menus only come in Russian or English) and he never used it because he sold his car.

According to the specs it has a Ambarella A7 processor, 170º lens, 2.7" 16:9 LCD display, records in Full HD (2304x1296p;1920x1080p;1280x720p), MOV H.264 files and it has GPS!
And the best part is: he's asking only €80 for it!

Last edited:
Anyone?
I don't mean to be rude but is it possible that nobody knows this camera?

Thanks! It doesn't seem like a bad camera, if you look at the specs. I found out that E-Prance also sells them with their brand.
Do you think it's a good deal, since it'll only cost me €84 (94.65 USD), p&p included?

Thanks! It doesn't seem like a bad camera, if you look at the specs. I found out that E-Prance also sells them with their brand.
Do you think it's a good deal, since it'll only cost me €84 (94.65 USD), p&p included?

It might be a good deal but it depends on how well the camera is produced, how well they've implemented the firmware (which has been pretty hit and miss so far with the A7 chipset) and perhaps how good the lens is (and how stable the threaded module mount is in hot weather.)

Personally, I'm just not a big fan of shiny plastic cameras with lots of chrome, white lettering and useless LEDs on them, so for me that would be a deal breaker at any price.

Personally, I'm just not a big fan of shiny plastic cameras with lots of chrome, white lettering and useless LEDs on them, so for me that would be a deal breaker at any price.
Yeah, but that's the description of the one sold by Foxoffer. The other one doesn't have any of that, except for that part around the lens and the LEDs.
So, it's advisable to go and take a look at the camera first, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, but that's the description of the one sold by Foxoffer. The other one doesn't have any of that, except for that part around the lens and the leds.
So, it's advisable to go and take a look at the camera first, right?

Well, that chrome "part around the lens" along with the LEDs is the problem as far as I'm concerned even if the one you're talking about has no lettering. Also, something I've learned as a veteran of buying at least ten dash cameras in the last 5 years is not to judge what a camera is going to look like in your hands based on what it looks like on the box. :)

Well, that chrome "part around the lens" along with the LEDs is the problem as far as I'm concerned
Well, my first camera was a G1W, so I'm very familiar with chrome parts sticking out of the camera. That is a fixable problem.
Anyway, thanks for the advice. I only thought this might be a different product because it was bought from Russia and the box is all written in russian.

You know, at the price it might not be a bad deal assuming the camera is working well. It might be a worthwhile gamble. Will they guy take it back if it has a problem? Also, you're right about it being a fixable problem. If you're handy it isn't that hard to paint the front of the camera with flat black camouflage paint. I've done it several times now..like here and here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my first camera was a G1W, so I'm very familiar with chrome parts sticking out of the camera. That is a fixable problem.
Anyway, thanks for the advice. I only thought this might be a different product because it was bought from Russia and the box is all written in russian.

It might be slightly different but you wouldn't really know until you receive it. That's one of the things about a generic Chinese camera. (along with the components and firmware you'll get)

It might be slightly different but you wouldn't really know until you receive it. That's one of the things about a generic Chinese camera. (along with the components and firmware you'll get)
In the meantime the seller updated the ad with more photos.

Open_box.jpg

I've never seen a chinese camera so well packed as this one. That part that secures the camera seems to be some sort of styrofoam.

Unboxed.jpg

The camera looks exactly like the pictures on the box, Moreover, it looks even stealthier. Perhaps it's because the way the photo was taken but that chrome part doesn't seem very chromed.
Could this be an original russian product and those on Foxoffer are just copies?

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by original Russian camera
I'm pretty sure you know what I meant. ;)
You tell me if there's one of these cameras that's not made in China. :)

Sorry to bump this thread again but the seller dropped the initial price and I still would like to know if it's worth the risk (if there's any) or not.

How much is seller demanding now?

Any time you see LED's around the lens of a dashcam product it generally means run for the hills (avoid)
I know that, but how bad can it be with those specs?

...but how bad can it be with those specs?
1. DOA
2. Fail after 1 hour
3. Fail after 2 hours
4. Fail after 3 hours.
5. Fail after............

:D

Back