Unknown version Mini 3

Kollin

Reaction score
Country
Moldova, Republic Of
I bought a mini 3 on Amazon, according to the link that was recommended in neighboring topics. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07414XNVW
However, I got a version that is completely different from the ones that were in the reviews. The box is small, the package bundle without a USB cable for the computer, but the main thing is the holder is not a micro USB device but with a 3.5 connector, like on a DDpai Mini One.
I additionally ordered Hardware Kit for the parking mode which, of course, has a micro USB connector and which will not fit my device. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B079KZ4DH3
I don’t need a DVR without parking mode, so I don’t even want to check it as it is at work.
Only connected to the device through the application to make sure that the device is working.
I do not understand what this version of Mini 3 is, I never find information on it.
I have a few questions for those who received Mini 3 in a big box:
1 - In your application, you can select the recording mode 1920 × 1080 - 60fps? Some reviews have seen such a mode, but I don’t have one.
2 - What material is the body of the DVR made of? I have plastic.
3 - Is it possible to purchase a holder with a micro USB connector somewhere? I did not find.

Last edited:
This is DDPai mini3C, it is exactly the same with DDPai mini3 except the holder:
1), the holder of mini3 has a built-in 3.5mm earphone jack and it matchs with the power cable with micro USB connector;
2), the holder of mini3C doesn't have a built-in 3.5mm earphone jack but the power cable with 3.5mm earphone jack directly.

Accordingly the hardwire kit must be the one with 3.5mm earphone jack, thanks.

Kollin, I am having the same problem with my dash cam as you.

I just bought the DDPai mini 3 and recommended "universal" hardwire kit from Amazon. The connector for the camera is a 3.5mm jack while the connector for the hardwire kit is a micro USB. They are incompatible! In all the literature and pictures I've seen for the mini 3, they all have the micro USB connector but the one I received from Amazon has a 3.5mm jack. I've e-mailed DDPai and hope that they will tell me which hardwire kit goes with the mini 3 dash cam.

Also, I've tried searching for a DDPai "intelligent hardwire kit" but can't find any on Amazon. The only place I can find them is on Ebay.

This whole situation is very strange. Why would DDPai change the connectors and make everything so user-unfriendly?

Last edited:
DDPai did a poor job on this, they started to sell DDPai mini3C directly based on the listing of mini3.

The hardwire of mini3C is the one with 3.5mm earphone jack but not the one with micro USB connector, I am guessing they will sell the hardwire kit of mini3C based on their listing of mini3 hardwire as well ( I am not sure ), better check with DDPai support directly.

I had a very interesting e-mail discussion with DDPai Support yesterday.

I was told that they recently updated the mini3 mount to go from the micro USB connector to a 3.5mm jack. See pictures of the new mount in Kollin's message above. The support agent also told me that the Hardwire Kit for this new mount (3.5mm jack) is not available yet. She said that it would be available on Amazon.com around March 7, 2019. When it arrives in stock, I plan on ordering it so that I can hardwire it to my fuse box and enjoy Parking Mode.

This is DDPai mini3C, it is exactly the same with DDPai mini3 except the holder:
No, not only the holder is different. They are hardware different.
In the previous version there were 4 GB RAM, and in the new version only 2 GB RAM.

Also today I received a simple version of DDpay mini. It also differs from the version it bought last year. Now the aperture F2.2 instead of the aperture F1.8 and the sensor are no longer SONY Exmor.
DDpay made a downgrade of their models, but nowhere is this indicated. This is some kind of fraud in relation to buyers.

No, not only the holder is different. They are hardware different.
In the previous version there were 4 GB RAM, and in the new version only 2 GB RAM.

Also today I received a simple version of DDpay mini. It also differs from the version it bought last year. Now the aperture F2.2 instead of the aperture F1.8 and the sensor are no longer SONY Exmor.
DDpay made a downgrade of their models, but nowhere is this indicated. This is some kind of fraud in relation to buyers.
Hello friend,

1, I confirm that both DDPai mini3 and DDPai mini3C adopt 2GB RAM, no difference here;
2, As for DDPai mini, I can check it later.

Back