Unleashed under blue skies

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Definitely the way the sky should look the next 3 months :cool:

Me, I'm looking for a cooler place for the next 5-6 months*. I'm up to here with hot weather and Summer hasn't even arrived yet! :mad:

*- At the rate this has been going, I estimate the hot weather will last that long. :confused:

hehe, seem like we will all have to take a big bite of the poo pie that is global warming, problem with that is my part of the world might get colder.
If the gulf current stop it will be for sure, then it should be a mini iceage for us up here. ( so say some overpaid smart asses )

I am going to try shorts ( if i can find any i still fit ) and a T-shirt tomorrow :cool: looking forward to that as i prefer being dressed like that.

My problem is that the area where I live has been consistently the most affected by the hot weather since June last year. The Alentejo was traditionally the hottest part of the country but now, apart from where I live, there has been other regions that randomly have also temperatures as high as here.
I never thought I would say this in my life but nowadays the Alentejo seems like a better place to live than here. :eek:
Just so you see how this freaky weather has been manifesting itself, just 60km away from here there's a place where the normal highs averages 20-21ºC, whereas here it has been well over 32ºC! :confused:

32° C, that our low, was 47° C today. :grumpy:

IMG_0013.png

On a side note: all cameras in the car performed flawlessly. The M1 fell out of the FPV mount when parked under direct sun (recording while parked) but didn't loose focus or malfunction.

You can't compare the two countries, the climate is completely different. The number I mentioned is the average, not the highest temperature. In the last days we've had between 37ºC and 39ºC. If i leave the car in the sun on a day like those, the thermometer will also read 47º. My calculations are always based on the temperature in the shade. Anyway, what matters is that these temperatures are way too high for the month of May in Portugal. :(

Not comparing.. just venting. Hate summer! :mad:

Edit:

It was 47° C while driving around too, not only when parked. After about 40 minutes of parking under direct sun, had to leave the air-conditioning ON and wait outside for 15 minutes before the seats were cool enough to sit on.

Last edited:
Not comparing.. just venting. Hate summer! :mad:

Edit:

It was 47° C while driving around too, not only when parked. After about 40 minutes of parking under direct sun, had to leave the air-conditioning ON for 15 minutes and wait outside before the seats were cool enough to sit on.
that's why i'll never buy a car with leather seats here in texas. it's just too hot. that said, we've had a mild summer so far. cold front came through a couple days ago and the lows were around 45-50f (about 8c) and highs a comfy 75f (23c), all with low humidity and a nice breeze. normally we've already had our first 100+f (38c) day by now. i'm certainly not complaining!

back on leather seats - the top-level toyota avalon (and probably most lexus) have not only heated seats, but AIR CONDITIONED seats. THAT is the only way i'll ever buy leather seats.

I am sure 30 - 40 degrees would get old on me too pretty fast, it did when i was sailing and really even if you only work effective for 5 hours or so then heat like that do take its toll on a person.
Bunkering MGO ( Medium Grade Oil ) off Oman on the way to Saudi Arabia the heat was in a league of its own, even with a plastic bag full of ice cubes balancing on my head as i stood guard at the connection.
The bunker barge had its aircon fail, and they was dropping like flies over there, and those was local boys used to the heat.
So i was often inside to replenish my ice cubes and smoke a cigarette while the bridge kept a eye on things with binoculars.

But up here in General summers never are like i like them, last good summer in my book was 2014 with 3 consecutive weeks of good weather and some days around the 30 degrees.
We should get past 25 degrees tomorrow :)

that's why i'll never buy a car with leather seats here in texas. it's just too hot. that said, we've had a mild summer so far. cold front came through a couple days ago and the lows were around 45-50f (about 8c) and highs a comfy 75f (23c), all with low humidity and a nice breeze. normally we've already had our first 100+f (38c) day by now. i'm certainly not complaining!

back on leather seats - the top-level toyota avalon (and probably most lexus) have not only heated seats, but AIR CONDITIONED seats. THAT is the only way i'll ever buy leather seats.

Usually it's not so bad as when out and about I prefer to park in multi-level and basement parking lots nearby, or at least where there's shade, but preferably not under trees. Today wasn't my day as I took two rounds around the premises I was visiting but couldn't find a single parking spot in a shaded area or even under a tree.

I wish mine had cooled seats! Would you believe, VW recently launched the Tiguan in India with heating available in the seats, but no cooling. :jawdrop:

Would you believe, VW recently launched the Tiguan in India with heating available in the seats, but no cooling. :jawdrop:
FAIL!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's been somewhat cooler than usual here, and also a little dry, but the rain has recently gotten more normal. Where I live, the Appalachian mountains can steer weather away or funnel it in and nobody can predict what the rest of summer will be like, which is normal for us.

I'm in the 'sunny south' where hot weather is a given, and you can only guess at how much, how hot, and how long you'll melt in the mid-day sun, but it sure beats having snow neck-deep to a giraffe every year :p

Phil

People, we're still in Spring! :eek:
Houston doesn't have 4 seasons, and doesn't care what the calendar says. Summer starts some time in April or May and usually ends in October or November. Then we have Autumn for a month or two, where all the leaves fall off the trees, then spring from January thru April/May. We don't have winter.

:p

appZM1E_700b.jpg

Back