Unmarked Police officer catches distracted driver; gives card requesting cammers vid

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
A few points of interest
  • Unmarked police vehicle is a pickup truck
  • A distracted driver passes a motor cyclist essentially in the same lane
  • The police officer notices this, speaks the distracted driver, pulls him over
  • Speaks to the motor cyclist to confirm matter about the unsafe pass, provides a business card to get the video

Last edited:
I don't think he cared about anybody. Maybe now he will.

Wish the cops would do that every time a motorcyclist pushes past in an imaginary extra lane!

Title says distracted driver...I didn’t see a distracted driver. I only saw a dangerously disrespectful driver.

check the 0:17 mark, his right hand is holding a phone and his lips are moving.

Wish the cops would do that every time a motorcyclist pushes past in an imaginary extra lane!
If bikes can filter (lane split), why shouldn't cars? There really is no reason to differentiate. No legal body has defined it properly at all, let alone stated that only 2 wheelers should do it.
In this example there was a ton of room. This biker thought it was an outrageous action. I see far worse being done by bikers every single day. FAR WORSE.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Actually I do too, and I agree. However, we do not know that this particular biker does that.

a ton of room?
The guy was almost off the road just to pass.
It's an outrageous prick-ish move, no regard for anyone around him.
The fact he was on his phone makes it that much worse.
Like, there wasn't anywhere for him to go after passing the bike, so why bother trying to overtake a bike.

I don't agree that bikers should do this either - but I can understand why it may be better for them to do so, at times.
Unless I'm stuck in traffic and they just zoom by, then I'm extra salty about it. :LOL:

No complaints about the biker in this video. Re space I'm referring to between the bike and the car.

The insanity I see though. I regularly go through the Blackwall tunnel. There are two lanes going in the same direction. They are dangerously narrow. There are double (edit : single) solid white lines between the lanes. Many drivers have trouble staying their side of the line even on the straight parts. And there are bends every so often. Let's just say you need to feel lucky if you stay beside another vehicle on the bends.

And you STILL get bikers filtering between cars, at least a couple every time you go through. I don't even bother marking the recordings, it's an everyday event. Such behaviour is normalised in London.

Edit. Oh yes, at least a couple of times when this happened it was witnessed by police who took no interest.

Last edited:

Oh, yes. I see.
Googled Blackwall tunnel and this was the first video I clicked. o_O

Oh, yes. I see.
Googled Blackwall tunnel and this was the first video I clicked. o_O
That rider was being cautious. In the tunnel he was heading into gaps. If they were all like that I wouldn't be bothered. The ones I hate just go flying between the vehicles, regardless of what's ahead (usually just more nose - to - tail cars.) The ridiculous thing is they don't make much extra progress in return for the insane level of risk.

And you STILL get bikers filtering between cars, at least a couple every time you go through. I don't even bother marking the recordings, it's an everyday event. Such behaviour is normalised in London.

Edit. Oh yes, at least a couple of times when this happened it was witnessed by police who took no interest.

Most likely this bike rider will use the video to bash other for there driving if he get hurt. Showing only 2 second before accident.
In this case he didn't get into an accident, so now he can brag on youtube to other bikers, how fast he can get through the tunnel in rush hour.
As @Rajagra wrote, it has become a new local sport. Maybe couple of suddenly "open a car door", can make it stop.

How mane car does he/she scratch through the day?

Hmm, I wonder how bikers like these will affect the reactions of autonomous cars.

I wonder if that biker in the tunnel video happened to clip a few mirrors as he squeezed through the stuck traffic, and if he did, did he stop to trade insurance info? Someone comes flying up between cars and happens to scratch or dent your door, or take off a mirror, do you think he'll stop? Though, I guess you could argue by having two-wheelers slip through the standing traffic, it does shorten the line up by the length of their bikes - and probably doesn't slow the car drivers down.

It doesn't shorten the queue because they are serial queue jumping, they force their way past then cut in, force past some more, then cut in. Every inch they gain is at somebody else's expense, yet they expect to be allowed in as a nicety.

Haha nice, and i bet the guy in the car was sitting there thinking OMG he talked to the motorcyclist first,,,, i am so screwed.
Naaaaa not really people like that can not think that far, if they could they wouldn't be so stupid.

OTOH thats a nice truck version Knight rider cop car :cool:

Regarding motorcycles lane splitting, i think its one of those " just cause you can do it dosent have to mean you should do it" I personally think its unnecessary and dangerous, and i cant believe its legal in some places.

I some times sit in traffic and watch as cyclists on the bicycle path to my right pas me and a whole lot of other people stuck in our cars, but it is what it is, and it only make me a little mad at traffic planners to whom the increase in traffic should not be a surprise.
And of course the politicians that make sure this can not get resolved as the money are funneled towards other things.

Last edited:
My question is: what kind of cam was he using? That was the best PQ ive ever seen. Its better than GoPro. Hell its better than my nice DSLR!

My question is: what kind of cam was he using? That was the best PQ ive ever seen. Its better than GoPro. Hell its better than my nice DSLR!

Good point. Your post prompted me to re-watch this video while paying attention to the picture quality. It is very good. In fact, not only good enough to read license plates, but if you want to thank that constable for a job well done:

1532125567466.png1532125567466.png

Good point. Your post prompted me to re-watch this video while paying attention to the picture quality. It is very good. In fact, not only good enough to read license plates, but if you want to thank that constable for a job well done:

View attachment 40184View attachment 40184
They still use teletypes there :eek:

Thought they stopped making those back in the 1970s?

Back