Unmarked Police officer catches distracted driver; gives card requesting cammers vid

I think the TTY stuff is actually TDD. (for deaf people)

I think the TTY stuff is actually TDD. (for deaf people)
That sounds outdated too, don't know much about it but I believe deaf people use the normal phone numbers here, otherwise they would be rather limited on who they could call!

Yeah the quality is good. I asked the poster on youtube what camera is he using. It may not hurt do know what editor he is using and if he has re-encoded before posting to youtube as I have some videos that look fine before posting to youtube and terrible on youtube. You will notice some videos on youtube are soft for the first few seconds or minutes, depending on length and then get sharper. Its not just my videos but others. I have since started to re-encode to a youtube friendly encoding before posting, but I find that does not always work. For the last video that I have posted, yeah it works this time.

Ontario has something known as “Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) “ which is a " statute enacted in 2005 by the government of Ontario, Canada for the purpose of improving accessibility standards for Ontarians with physical and mental disabilities to all public establishments by 2025.[2]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility_for_Ontarians_with_Disabilities_Act,_2005

This ensures that hearing impaired can get services. As the OPP is a the provincial police, it must comply with statute and therefor must provide TTY. It appears even businesses have to provide accessibility as restaurants refusing to serve patrons with service dogs have been fined or sued. I did a search on several government of Ontario departments on this. Most major departments have TTY, but the Art Gallery of Ontario does not. I don’t know if business need to provide any special services for the hearing impaired.

In the mid 90s, I worked for a non profit which had a TTY device. For the time, it seemed to on the verge of being a little antiquated, so I was surprised to see there does not appear to be a lot more more modern looking devices when doing a google search of this. Some of Cisco’s IP phones have this

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/do...07_00_accessibility-features-8800-series.html

Mitel, the IP phone manufacturer that I am familiar with, has TTY/ttd ability but thru third party hardware.

Yeah the quality is good. I asked the poster on youtube what camera is he using. It may not hurt do know what editor he is using and if he has re-encoded before posting to youtube as I have some videos that look fine before posting to youtube and terrible on youtube. You will notice some videos on youtube are soft for the first few seconds or minutes, depending on length and then get sharper. Its not just my videos but others. I have since started to re-encode to a youtube friendly encoding before posting, but I find that does not always work. For the last video that I have posted, yeah it works this time.

Ontario has something known as “Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) “ which is a " statute enacted in 2005 by the government of Ontario, Canada for the purpose of improving accessibility standards for Ontarians with physical and mental disabilities to all public establishments by 2025.[2]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility_for_Ontarians_with_Disabilities_Act,_2005

This ensures that hearing impaired can get services. As the OPP is a the provincial police, it must comply with statute and therefor must provide TTY. It appears even businesses have to provide accessibility as restaurants refusing to serve patrons with service dogs have been fined or sued. I did a search on several government of Ontario departments on this. Most major departments have TTY, but the Art Gallery of Ontario does not. I don’t know if business need to provide any special services for the hearing impaired.

In the mid 90s, I worked for a non profit which had a TTY device. For the time, it seemed to on the verge of being a little antiquated, so I was surprised to see there does not appear to be a lot more more modern looking devices when doing a google search of this. Some of Cisco’s IP phones have this

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/do...07_00_accessibility-features-8800-series.html

Mitel, the IP phone manufacturer that I am familiar with, has TTY/ttd ability but thru third party hardware.
The reason the OP video quality is good for YouTube will be that it has had 52,000 views, once they get to 1000 views YT will re-encode them with higher quality and using the VP9 codec which takes a lot more processing power but gets twice the quality for the same bitrate.

In the UK, deaf people have the same phone access as everyone else because they use the normal phone numbers via a relay service which translates whatever language they use, eg mobile phone text messages, sign language on video phone etc. Not sure how much of it is automated, I guess computer text to voice and voice to text can handle SMS to voice and back but I don't have any experience of the system.
https://www.deafcouncil.org.uk/deaf-access-to-communications/relay-services/

Here a long time ago when the first smart phones came out, Danish tax money funded research into TTS so dyslectic people could take a picture of a text / sign / whatever and then have their phone read it for them.
So to a large degree i think the ground work are made and paid for with tax money, but at least on android it take forever before you can talk Danish to your phone.
I can only assume that research ASO back then was done on fruit phones, as they seem to support the Danish spoken language much faster ( assuming here as i have barely ever touched a fruit company product )

as for the video itself - i just re-watched, and it strikes me as EXACTLY the same as lane splitting, just in reverse. and for once, the lane splitting was done at a reasonable speed instead of the lunacy you usually see.

Just watching the Tour De France (Bicycle Race), there was a protest by French farmers as the race passed, the police appear to have attacked the farmers with pepper spray, which the wind blew over half the competitors bringing the race to a halt with the cyclists all pouring water into their eyes! Good thing the police only had pepper spray and not guns...

Just watching the Tour De France (Bicycle Race), there was a protest by French farmers as the race passed, the police appear to have attacked the farmers with pepper spray, which the wind blew over half the competitors bringing the race to a halt with the cyclists all pouring water into their eyes! Good thing the police only had pepper spray and not guns...
No problem - wind would not have blown bullets around. :D

No problem - wind would not have blown bullets around. :D
You think firearms are better than chemical weapons?

Those bullets that don't end up inside the target always end up somewhere else!

Those bullets that don't end up inside the target always end up somewhere else!
Depends on the end goal. Most police trying to shut down a protest use beanbags or rubber bullets, not lead.

And it reminds me of when I was a teenager and a friend found his dad's old police issued can of mace... We sprayed it on the wooden fence, thinking it was some kind of acid... Well, the wind kicked up right about that time and blew it back in our faces. The way it felt, it might as well have been acid! And that was just overspray. Can't imagine how bad it is getting hit directly in the face!

Depends on the end goal. Most police trying to shut down a protest use beanbags or rubber bullets, not lead.
The French incident appeared to be a police officer spraying a chemical weapon at the back of a couple of kids who were running away from the officer after pushing a hay bale onto the road in front of the cyclists. Presumably a protest against something, but not one that justified use of rubber bullets! An indiscriminate chemical weapon didn't seem very appropriate either.

I never said, or even implied, that. Don't put words in my mouth or attribute to me something I didn't say to justify your position. Thank you.

I would prefer to have a 9 mm over standing downwind to a person with bad BO :)
Even if possessing such a tool in today's Denmark could land me in jail for 6 months at least.

The French incident appeared to be a police officer spraying a chemical weapon at the back of a couple of kids who were running away from the officer after pushing a hay bale onto the road in front of the cyclists. Presumably a protest against something, but not one that justified use of rubber bullets! An indiscriminate chemical weapon didn't seem very appropriate either.
No weapon has yet been invented that can stop the French from protesting.

And we should thank the French, their revolution loosened up for so much in the years following it.
It is why we Danes only have a royal family as a hood ornament, just too bad our politicians insist on doing the same piss poor job some of our kings in history have done.
But at least we Danes now have ourself to thank for that voting for the idiots when we should be forming new parties and change our constitution to make sure we dont make the democratic mistakes we have been making since we became a democracy.

We have had a few deaths here in Canada with the use of 'Tazzers. This pepper spray run off is something new. Given that there has been deaths in case of tazzers, perhaps excessive force again or the need for proper training.

Here is the incident I am referring to with regards to the tazzers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Dziekański_Taser_incident

another thing i've heard of is shotguns loaded with rock salt instead of lead shot. limited range like a taser, and apparently hurts like hell but isn't lethal except maybe at point blank range. much less scatter and zero overspray compared to liquid sprays. tasers, rubber bullets and beanbag cannons are also much more accurate with very chance of collateral damage (as long as your aim is good).

and speaking of tasers, i saw this recently. felt sorry for the dog as the owners apparently didn't have him trained well enough to listen (and/or owners were too drunk to understand what was going on)... but at least they only used a taser and not their service weapon.

Yeah sorry too for that dog, still why so afraid of it, its highly unlike it will kill you or disfigure you.
Are the cops as afraid of a little pain as the people we can see on youtube tranquilized out of their mind for a visit to the dentist.

even after jaw surgery to take care of a cyst that have formed where the root of one of my wisdom teeth use to be, i was still driving home myself and might i add without being a hazard in traffic.
And to add to it all the damn idiot of a doctor cut a nerve in my jaw so since then ( 4 years ago ) my face been partially paralyzed in the right side, And i was sent home with no anti biotic so after a few days infection was oozing from there into my mouth, and i can assure you that stuff dont taste or smell good.

Public healthcare :rolleyes:

another thing i've heard of is shotguns loaded with rock salt instead of lead shot. limited range like a taser, and apparently hurts like hell but isn't lethal except maybe at point blank range. much less scatter and zero overspray compared to liquid sprays. tasers, rubber bullets and beanbag cannons are also much more accurate with very chance of collateral damage (as long as your aim is good).

and speaking of tasers, i saw this recently. felt sorry for the dog as the owners apparently didn't have him trained well enough to listen (and/or owners were too drunk to understand what was going on)... but at least they only used a taser and not their service weapon.

Wonder if they have approval for tasering dogs? Being a lot smaller than a human it may need a different power setting to be non-fatal.

At least in that video they did give plenty of warning and the police officers where being threatened.

The dog didn't appear to be in attack mode though and next time it meets an cop it might treat them as a true enemy with bad consequences.

A difficult situation with no good answer other than to leave and come back when the alcohol had worn off which maybe they couldn't do based on what they were investigating.

James Bond proved that rock salt is totally ineffective?
But without issuing eye protection to all the targets and anyone else who might be in range of any that missed the target, I don't think it would be acceptable...

Back