Unplugging front and rear dash cams... from the driver's seat...

HeyThanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I'm thinking of purchasing the A129 Pro Duo to protect myself and for all the reasons people love their dashcams (I currently have none).

The only complication for me is that I regularly visit an area where photography (to include dash cams) is not permitted and I would be fine to have cams as long as they are unplugged/powered off/etc. when entering the area.

I want to be able to do this while in the driver's seat so I don't have to pull over to turn off/move/unplug the cameras. This is easy enough for a front camera, as I just unplug it or unmount it. But I'm not sure how I'd accomplish this if I also wanted a rear camera...

Do you have any suggestions for me? Thank you for your time!

How would you unplug the cable of the rear cam if in the driver's seat? Are you saying to disconnect where it's hardwired into the fuse?

But to pull the cable out of the camera, I need to be able to reach the camera. Which I can't do if I'm sitting in the front seat. I mentioned I want to be able to do this while in the driver's seat so I don't have to pull over to turn off/move/unplug the cameras.

LOL no, I just want to be able to use the cameras while I'm on my way to the place, but be able to disconnect them before I pull in (but without actually having to pull over and get out of the car).

When the main (front) unit is disconnected, the rear camera also turns off.

Ooooooooooooh, really? That'd be wonderful. Thank you!

So, I'm thinking of purchasing the A129 Pro Duo to protect myself and for all the reasons people love their dashcams (I currently have none).

The only complication for me is that I regularly visit an area where photography (to include dash cams) is not permitted and I would be fine to have cams as long as they are unplugged/powered off/etc. when entering the area.

I want to be able to do this while in the driver's seat so I don't have to pull over to turn off/move/unplug the cameras. This is easy enough for a front camera, as I just unplug it or unmount it. But I'm not sure how I'd accomplish this if I also wanted a rear camera...

Do you have any suggestions for me? Thank you for your time!

Hold down the power button? or Pulling Power Plug.... Don't think there are any more options...

@Harsh This will be my first dash cam, I just started learning about them today. Thank you again for your help.

Clearly he needs to do some more research

Seems easier solution is he just gets a Dash Camera with an OBDII hardwire kit. And if he can't reach to hold power button, he could simply unplug the OBDII plug.

Seems easier solution is he just gets a Dash Camera with an OBDII hardwire kit. And if he can't reach to hold power button, he could simply unplug the OBDII plug.
that would likely be problematic in a lot of vehicles, you'd end up with a cable dangling near your feet, not ideal

I'll probably go with A129 Pro Duo, hardwire the front camera normally, and then because the rear camera only connects to the front camera, all I have to do is disconnect the front camera's power cable and I'm set. Thank you all for your help!

You can turn both front and rear off by pressing the power/menu button on the front camera for 3 seconds.
If they really need to have the power removed then you can pull the power adaptor out of the accessory socket, or if it is hardwired then put a toggle switch in the power cable to the hardwire kit, then you can just flick the switch to turn both off. Just need to remember to turn it back on again every time you get back out of the secure area.

1580888358520.png

Yeah the rear camera are powered from the front camera, so if the front camera are off so will the rear one be.
Reaching cameras on windscreen are no issue for me as i drive a little EU / JAP car, and i am +6 foot tall

Back