Unsuccessful update

donikonoff

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
After an unsuccessful attempt to update the firmware, the device no longer turns on, does not respond to anything.

what's the power source used?

UOTE="borik, post: 396761, member: 31716"]what's the power source used?[/QUOTE] AC charger 5v 2A

tried to use a different cable?
what firmware did you use?

borik
dvr does not turn on, there is no way to update the firmware.

replace the cable, replace the power source, re-download the .bin file, copy it onto re-formatted with Fat32 file system SD card and try again. once I had to run firmware upgrade 2 or 3 times until it finally worked.

borik
If the dvr does not have power, it does not turn on, how can it see the firmware?

borik
If the dvr does not have power, it does not turn on, how can it see the firmware?
it cannot. but if you connect it to a power it should. :)
it's not clear what our friend tried to do and how, and step by step. "I tried, it didn't work and now it does't start" - doesn't work. be more specific.

he updated the firmware, accidentally the child pulled out the power cord, the firmware did not end, now the dvr does not react to power, with the cable on, the power does not come to the dvr.

finally! :)
I might be wrong but if you can corrupt the firmware on a camera there should be a way to recover it.
what firmware version was on the camera prior the upgrade?
anyway I would try to recover it, may be starting with the loader reinstall.

he says, the dvr does not receive power!
he will not see the bootloader.
that would see it must start first dvr.

he says, the dvr does not receive power!
he will not see the bootloader.
that would see it must start first dvr.
I understand your logic. :)
but... I would try it anyway and only after say "it doesn't work".
"the dvr does not receive power!" is not equal to "dvr doesn't start when connected to a power".
if the camera is too old to return to a seller talk to @viofo if they can help.

Please try to upgrade it with V3.4 firmware.
If the camera can not power on, load the loader first. Copy the loader to the SD card, then connect the camera with computer.
Then delete the loader and copy firmware to the SD card, and reconnect it with computer.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X5-P01o6YneEIfEkrgYGXI1RgMJoJnst

@gse @viofo @borik
Anyone considered pressing the reset button located on the side of the unit as the power is connected?

I'm guessing but would like to think there is a ROM version of the software that the dash cam can fall back on.

However if the unit stores all of its boot loader in an eeprom type of setup which got corrupted due to power disruption then I guess it's stuffed.

Good luck.

@gse @donikonoff @viofo
so, hopefully you followed @viofo advise and (hopefully) you recovered your camera, right?
мин херц, you must to report - either yes or no!
:)

Back