Untrackable Chinese Dash cam, nope or buy? AOEDI AD516

znagy93

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hello Guys,

I'm recently looking for a decent dash cam in the $100-150 range, most important features are parking monitor function, ~360° fov. with preferably a multicamera system, and a decent nighttime shot (bare minimum is readable licence plate at night).
I've came across this baby, that seems to have exactly what I need, for an almost too good to believe price, and if it is not a scam, it is a huge deal. The problem is that there are tons of warning signs that would make me run away from this deal in no time, if I would have found anything with comparable specs. These warning signs:
- As I see manufacturer is barely known, it has some car equipments, but nothing impressive
- No google match for the manufacturer
- No google match for the camera type, even though it is very visibly displayed on the case and description
- Not available on Ebay, Banggood, Gearbest or Amazon, only Aliexpress and Globalsources.com
- Only one seller sells it on Aliexpress, the seller has not a single review
- It's too good to believe.

Link for specs: https://aoedi.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008828280381/pdtl/Car-DVR/1153783543/Car-Camera.htm

What do you say? Should I try buying one, or avoid it? Alternatives are also welcome.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
But not even a similar one with different name?

I think the model you are looking at is reasonably new, don't think they have a customer for it at this stage, probably why you see it listed under their own brand name

Very interresting, thanks. As I see it might even worth a try.
IMX307 also sounds promising. I have made an order, let's hope it is not a scam. I'll come back with a review when (if ever) I receive it.

Last edited:
Hello guys,
I have some mixed news. The camera I ordered have not been shipped, the seller says he had to return it to the manufacturer for some reason.
In the other hand the seller was really cooperative, he kept me well informed and we made a deal to cancel the order and refund. He will let me know when the camera is available again, and he will have a discount as I purchased previously.
So hopefully more detail will come aftwerwards.

Back