Unusable Motion Sensitivity Settings In DR750S-2CH

Albee

Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750s-2CHNL
It appears that their is no usable "motion sensitivity" setting on the DR750. Even a setting of "1" results in unnecessary motion alarms, just be standing next to the vehicle.
I believe I have seen some discussions, where Blackvue should be looking into rectifying this problem. I now have my motion sensitivity disabled until this feature is usable.
Would anyone have an update or know if this is being looked at by Blackvue ?.

chris-s

Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH and many chinese dashcams
I've got no issue with motion detection.
I've set to 2.

OP
OP
A

Albee

Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750s-2CHNL
I've got no issue with motion detection.
I've set to 2.
Thanks Chris-s..
Just curious , what version firmware are you using ? .. Im using V 1.0005. Iv'e just reset my motion sensitivity to 2 . It's raining slightly here in NY and I'm receiving notifications approximately every minute. :)

chris-s

Country
France
Dash Cam
I'm using 1.005 as well.
When it is raining, of course you receive notifications because of water rolling on your windschield.

Country
Romania
From my point of view Parking Motion Detection is good when you have the car in a garage. If you have the car outside ... in nature ... then ... the camera will see: people walking, cars, birds, trees moving from wind, tree leafs, water on windscreen, sharp sun rays , bugs on the windscreen, anything .... I disabled motion detection, I don't imagine how I could use it outside of a garage.
I'm also having 1.005 and it is also detecting movement very easy even with smallest sensibility.

OP
OP
A

Albee

Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750s-2CHNL
From my point of view Parking Motion Detection is good when you have the car in a garage. If you have the car outside ... in nature ... then ... the camera will see: people walking, cars, birds, trees moving from wind, tree leafs, water on windscreen, sharp sun rays , bugs on the windscreen, anything .... I disabled motion detection, I don't imagine how I could use it outside of a garage.
I'm also having 1.005 and it is also detecting movement very easy even with smallest sensibility.

Well explained :) ... It would be good to have a setting that allows usage outside of a protected environment like shopping malls, parks etc. For now Ill just disable the feature.

chris-s

Country
France
Dash Cam
Personaly, I would prefer to have full motion video, even when parking outside.
To have a full day on a SD card, I had to choose 128GB size. This way, more that one day is stored when I park on the street.

Some days ago, in a supermarket parking, someone has opened his door and had created a shock event which was recorded by 750S and interior Cowon AW1.
Hopefully there was no damage, even if the shock was heavy.
To retrieve his car plate, I had to watch previous motion detection event.
Not sure I would be able to catch his licence plate in timelapse mode.

Here is the video of this event :

First video is a combination of motion file and event file.

OP
OP
A

Albee

Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750s-2CHNL
Personaly, I would prefer to have full motion video, even when parking outside.
To have a full day on a SD card, I had to choose 128GB size. This way, more that one day is stored when I park on the street.

Some days ago, in a supermarket parking, someone has opened his door and had created a shock event which was recorded by 750S and interior Cowon AW1.
Hopefully there was no damage, even if the shock was heavy.
To retrieve his car plate, I had to watch previous motion detection event.
Not sure I would be able to catch his licence plate in timelapse mode.

Here is the video of this event :

First video is a combination of motion file and event file.

Ouch !! Did sound a bit harsh. I hope no significant damage to vehicle if any :) .. The video was impressively smooth and clear for a 128GB compared to my 64GB Lexar micro SD which at times has some noise . Which brand card are you using ?

chris-s

Country
France
Dash Cam
I'm using Samsung U3 red and U3 orange.
But I do not recommend to use these.
I've unexpected freezing when leaving parking mode sometimes.

The interior view is a Cowon AW1.

It is a miracle, strictly no damage on my car!