Upcoming new DOD/TioTech Dashcams

jsan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I currently have the DR500GW and I need another dashcam for my other car. I've decided (like many others) not to go with blackvue. The next best thing I heard was LS300W. My question is, are there any new dashcams from TioTech in the pipelines that offer better specs? For now the LS300W seems like a top contender with a glass lens, fast shutter, and a good sensor.

I read something about faster frame rates and wider viewing angle.

if there is nothing coming out soon that exceeds the LS300W's specs then I guess I will go with that. But just to clarify, what is actual viewing angle on LS300W? Some say it isn't 120 degrees.

I intend to buy from Foxoffer, Their GT300W is exactly the same as LS300W according to people on this forum (right?) While I was browsing the foxoffer website I noticed they have GT450W Link:
But GT450W's spec don't compare to LS430's spec. Are they even supposed to be the same, like GT300W and LS300W?

What's the difference between GT450W and LS300W/GT300W? Is it just the viewing angle and the design?

jsan said:
For now the LS300W seems like a top contender with a glass lens, fast shutter, and a good sensor.

keep in mind this model has decent video quality and I think it performs well all things considered, that's all it has though, it's not feature packed, the features are very minimal, menu options, no GPS etc, I think below $150 it's a good product (the generic version represent much better value), for the resellers that have them that are selling them for $200 plus (as they need to do) it doesn't represent good value for what it offers

jokiin said:
jsan said:
For now the LS300W seems like a top contender with a glass lens, fast shutter, and a good sensor.

keep in mind this model has decent video quality and I think it performs well all things considered, that's all it has though, it's not feature packed, the features are very minimal, menu options, no GPS etc, I think below $150 it's a good product (the generic version represent much better value), for the resellers that have them that are selling them for $200 plus (as they need to do) it doesn't represent good value for what it offers

I understand that it's not feature packed. All I am really concerned about is the video quality. And that includes Frame rates, Resolution (1080p), Lens speed for low-light, sensor. I am not really concerned about GPS. And yes the generic one seems like a good value.

I am willing to pay higher price for dashcams that offer better video and features. I was duped already by DR500GW.

jsan said:
I am willing to pay higher price for dashcams that offer better video and features.

I think quite a lot of people are, just too many rubbish cameras in the market and people can be suckers for what looks like a bargain sometimes

jokiin said:
jsan said:
I am willing to pay higher price for dashcams that offer better video and features.

I think quite a lot of people are, just too many rubbish cameras in the market and people can be suckers for what looks like a bargain sometimes

I don't know when these manufacturers will realize that they need at least one high end dashcam on the market. There are many cheap alternatives but nothing top of the line. Even GoPro, why don't they come out with a dashcam or firmware update for already released Hero 3 so that it can function as a dashcam.

I was ready to buy Panasonic LX7 because it has a very good low-light video and it has very fast f/1.4 wide lens. And it costs only $400. I wanted to use this camera when I go on long trips and want to get a nice video of the whole drive. But I just want an actual dashcam to come out with these features. On the same note, Sony's RX100 Mar II is coming out that offers a Backlit Exmor R sensor, 41% improvement in low light. WOW for a compact camera that is good. Some video samples already online.

jsan said:
jokiin said:
jsan said:

I don't know when these manufacturers will realize that they need at least one high end dashcam on the market.

I can tell you first hand 99% of suppliers in China are constantly working on lower priced models, it's quite ridiculous but it's the mindset here that things just constantly need to made cheaper, that never ends well for anyone involved, supplier or customer, not a race I'm interested in competing in

The gt450w use same solution as gt300w/ls300w, it is smaller than gt300w, also good design.

The form factor of the new GT450W is similar to the old DOD GSE550 which means it's a clamshell design.
It may or not be for you depending on how and where you intend to mount the camera.
Here's my GT300W mounted behind the rear view mirror. Don't know if I could achieve this with the GT450W: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tmjfvuv6hurladt/EnbiusRFqw
I personally prefer the form factor of the GT300W/LS300W but two each his own I guess.
If it uses the same solution as the GT300W, I would expect image quality to be similar, which means above average night/low light performance for the price you pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dod Ls300W is Awesome quality already.

curious to compare whit GT450w.

Back