*update : new questions regarding 360 parking mode

Elkah120189

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Hope you are well?

So after 3 solid weeks of research. I think now instead of 4 ch / or 4 cameras I know more about what I am looking for.

Basically the blackvue dr590w 2 ch
As these cameras rotate so the rear cam could be turned to point into the car and face the front, and the front cam could be faced to the rear of the car through the cabin.

Cloud and wifi are a must as are buffered parking mode, Motion detection must be good as this is to catch the person vandalising my car. Night vision is also a must.

The blackvues are to expensive

Does anyone know of any similar cameras that are a bit cheaper?

Need them to be able to rotate, giving a 360 view of the outside of ny car via the cabin and windows

Motion detection is a must as is wifi and an app.

Any recommendations please :)

Thanks so much in advance

Emma

Not if you want cloud stuff, that is only something blackvue and maybe thinkware bother with.
If your car are parked in your driveway or at least in front of your house, i think you will be better off just putting up a wildlife camera on a wall or tree near the car.

Wifi from a camera inside the car will have a very limited range, you are probably not going to be able to see / connect to it from inside your house.

Night vision as in IR light aided camera, well if you aim that as a piece of glass all you will see is the IR light reflecting in the glass.
It is a mistake many CCTV owners make, not wanting to put the camera up outside and do the wirering, so they just put it in the window sill aimed out the window, but then you just get this.

No-help-with-LED.png

Also i don't understand you wanting to film across the cabin and out a window on the other side, it it is a taller person wont you just see just his middle torso unless he bend over to inspect his vandalism.

Also rain droplets on the windows, well if you have those IR light reflection will probably be even worse, but even without in daylight the droplets will obscure the view to some degree.

Hey,

I cant as live in flats and have asked permission before. And it's one if ny neighbours that is the culprit.

Wifi is a must so can view save edit etc on my phone

Cloud honestly not majorly bothered

Though I think Blackvue is overpriced and often overhyped, they are probably your best choice for your stated needs. Their motion detect is generally about as good as you will get, and their connectivity features are ahead of everyone else. Plus you have to consider the value of having your problems ended if the cam catches the culprit, which we all hope is the outcome, so even a premium price could be worth it.

Phil

well the camera should save automatic if it get triggered by motion or G sensor, motion detect are a bit flawed in that in almost trigger on ANY motion so in most cases that will generate a lot of those events.
If you have the wifi on the camera,,,, which i am not sure you can if you are in parking mode ( not familiar with the blackvue cameras ) but i am thinking maybe you can not as wifi are another source of heat generation, and heat are one of the big issues in relation to parking mode, so better make sure you can do that.
And as i said before the wifi signal in dashcams are not as strong as in your wifi router at home,,,, far from it, so reaching the camera can be a issue, not least you have to do that with your phone or maybe a tablet,,, not sure you can do it via your computer.

I am in a apartment too ( 2 floor ) i have a Pan Tilt Zoom camera at my car in the back yard ( pitch black at night ) and the PTZ cuz it is not 100% sure i can park in the same spot every day + i am zoomed in on my car so i have a chance of identifying a person.
I also have a camera on the street side outside my living room window, and a camera in the peephole of my door, but i have not asked anyone's permission but so far it have been +5 years.

This "professional" cctv camera system also have much better motion detect, cats or ferrets ASO near my car do not trigger but a human do, and my tablet connected to the system via wifi start to buzz on my bedside table.

Not if you want cloud stuff, that is only something blackvue and maybe thinkware bother with.
If your car are parked in your driveway or at least in front of your house, i think you will be better off just putting up a wildlife camera on a wall or tree near the car.

Wifi from a camera inside the car will have a very limited range, you are probably not going to be able to see / connect to it from inside your house.

Night vision as in IR light aided camera, well if you aim that as a piece of glass all you will see is the IR light reflecting in the glass.
It is a mistake many CCTV owners make, not wanting to put the camera up outside and do the wirering, so they just put it in the window sill aimed out the window, but then you just get this.

No-help-with-LED.png

Also i don't understand you wanting to film across the cabin and out a window on the other side, it it is a taller person wont you just see just his middle torso unless he bend over to inspect his vandalism.

Also rain droplets on the windows, well if you have those IR light reflection will probably be even worse, but even without in daylight the droplets will obscure the view to some degree.

This would also depend on where these cameras are mounted. The position I can sort out no problem.

The reason I want them filming via the cabin is to use 2 cameras to record giving a 360 view without having 4 separate cameras

There are loads of cameras on AliExpress that have a front and rear facing camera built in to the same unit. You are supposed to have them by the rear view mirror, one lens facing forward and the other facing into the car, for taxi drivers.

Maybe something like that?

Back