UPDATE ON NEXTBASE 512G

JONATHAN RADVILLE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 502G
Contacted Nextbase technical department today, with regards jerky playback. Ran through possible issues with them and still the issue continued. Whether using playback direct from camera or sd card removed and played directly. Sent a file to them and despite taking my number, I have had no further commumication [emoji36]
I also sent a file to someone and it's still jerky. Seems a bit better when not using Replay. Using a SanDisk SD 32gb set at 3 mins. The green section on the screen is part of the problem.
Will try them again tomorrow. Any help/aadvice would be great
b4787bd8b8ef3384e2a718c572ae9f07.jpg

Have you got another microSD card you could try just to rule that out?

I assume it's been tested with h2testw?

Another thing to try is upload a video to Youtube and then play it back on your phone and see how that looks - if it's still jerky either the card or the camera are faulty.

Classic - this is simply missing video codec (H.264 MOV) you need to install correct video codec (e.g k-litte codec pack), i had exactly the same issue (typical green line on the bottom and jerky playback)....

Contacted Nextbase technical department today, with regards jerky playback. Ran through possible issues with them and still the issue continued. Whether using playback direct from camera or sd card removed and played directly. Sent a file to them and despite taking my number, I have had no further commumication [emoji36]
I also sent a file to someone and it's still jerky. Seems a bit better when not using Replay. Using a SanDisk SD 32gb set at 3 mins. The green section on the screen is part of the problem.
Will try them again tomorrow. Any help/aadvice would be great
b4787bd8b8ef3384e2a718c572ae9f07.jpg
Hi, I bought a 512g last week and I have just the same problem on my computer (windows 7) when running the playback program.
It plays fine on the camera and also if played via Media Player but we have paid for a program from Nextbase that should work, their's is the only one that gives all details about g-forces etc.
I also have contacted Nextbase and am still awaiting a reply.

Hi Kevin, believe it's an issue with Codec, downloaded it from the 410 model, support where it's listed with the Replay download, also changed from 1080p to the lowest setting and it was better but then I paid for 1080p. I wish you luck with support, the chap I spoke to and sent a file for H to look at never called me or replied to my email. Got to talk him and he said all was OK, strange as I sent it someone else he said it was juddery

simple, just power on the camera > press "mode" button twice (to get access to the Player Mode directly from the camera menu), and press "play", if you able to see video recording (directly from the camera), that simply means your codec on your PC is wrong or missing.

Hi Kevin, believe it's an issue with Codec, downloaded it from the 410 model, support where it's listed with the Replay download, also changed from 1080p to the lowest setting and it was better but then I paid for 1080p. I wish you luck with support, the chap I spoke to and sent a file for H to look at never called me or replied to my email. Got to talk him and he said all was OK, strange as I sent it someone else he said it was juddery
Hi Jonathan, I've downloaded all sorts of codecs to my computer but none make a scrap of difference when I use Nextbase Playback. Others have replied to our problem but I still don't know where to get the correct codec. Perhaps it would work on Windows 10 but I'm not upgrading to that to find out.

Just a quick update, I have a new computer and loaded the Replay program and it works. Be nice if Nextbase Customer Support mentioned this.

Just a quick update, I have a new computer and loaded the Replay program and it works. Be nice if Nextbase Customer Support mentioned this.
Hi Jonathan, I got nowhere with the Nextbase help team, they suggested downloading the latest Playback version 1.3, changing to an upgraded sd card and loading the files onto the computer before playing them back, none of this cured the problem, as you say they should be a bit more savvy about the computer that is attempting to run their programs. Is your new computer running Windows 10? At least we now know how to cure their problems but it's an extreme measure having to buy a new computer. Having said that I have been toying with the idea of a new computer but not because of the Nextbase problem. Makes you wonder how many more people are having the same problems. Thanks for your help.

Back