[Updated] Unboxing and First Impressions video + Final Impressions Review video 11/28/2014

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States

i didn't get into the software in this video but my future videos will be more in depth with the video quality and software.

here is my final impressions review:

I am debating how I am going to do new videos more because my initial video covered so much information that by the time the final review came around I was covering information I already covered, and felt I formed my opinion too early on in my first video. I still want to continue using a two video format but may likely leave out anything beyond a menu of the camera and a few sample clips, while leaving installation and comparison to other cameras in the final review.

Last edited:
couple of things to clarify

No need to set the time and date if using GPS, it will do that automatically once it gets signal

GPS needs to face up, if you stuck it to the glass it won't get signal, that's why the cord is longer so that you can get it to where it needs to be, installed it looks like this

GPS mount.jpg

The overlap in the video can be trimmed using Registrator Viewer if you don't like the skip back, this is a Novatek thing and the developer of Registrator Viewer was kind enough to add the auto trim function into their software, details about that here http://www.mediafire.com/view/4nsvpj9on2y426c/Configure-Registrator-Viewer-for-SG9665XX-series.pdf

Good review though, thanks for taking the time

I should have added also, need Registrator Viewer version 5.9.0.4 or above, the devs made some changes we needed, earlier versions will have speed display issues and some other bugs we had taken care of

There's no shortage of stickers in the box :thumbsup:

Thanks jokiin I'll make sure to reference your notes when I do my final review.

Last edited:
And I sort of expected that maybe the GPS had to be facing up which is why in the video I decided to leave it on my dash. at a former job I had to use GPS units like this for a handheld computer but those GPS units had magnets so you could stick it to the top of your vehicle.

maybe im missing something, but can I not change the speed to mph instead of kph?

I was also wondering if this camera records the audio separate from the video so that it can be removed if desired. If so how do you do this with RV?

In Registrator Viewer just right click to set a start and an end, and then when that's done just right click and do save a clip and in the box that pops up you can untick the audio and metadata boxes - this will produce a clean file with just the video data.

The camera won't record separate streams though for audio and video.

Thanks very much. Guess I'm not as observant as I thought I was. Missed that completely.

I recognise that shopping mall at the 7:32 min mark of your 2nd video, we shopped there on our USA/Canada holiday in 2013, we stayed at an Inn about 3.5 miles away.
My son-in-laws brother and his wife & kids live about 3.3. miles from there also.
We had a lovely 4 days there before driving up to Montreal - Niagara Falls - Detroit (to see a Vietnam Vet mate) - Canton OH, Harrisburgh and then down to DC and by train from there to NYC and flew home to Australia via LA.

Last edited:
I recognise that shopping mall at the 7:32 min mark of your 2nd video, we shopped there on our USA/Canada holiday in 2013, we stayed at an Inn about 3.5 miles away.
My son-in-laws brother and his wife & kids live about 3.3. miles from there also.
We had a lovely 4 days there before driving up to Montreal - Niagara Falls - Detroit (to see a Vietnam Vet mate) - Canton OH, Harrisburgh and then down to DC and by train from there to NYC and flew home to Australia via LA.
Hah I was always sort of afraid of people recognizing where I am driving because I use to record very close to my house and even though I don't think I really have anything to worry about I don't like the idea of people recognizing my neighborhood haha. I don't actually live there anymore, but still in the metro area. I still record footage in that town though sometimes. That mall is actually where the movie "Mallrats" was filmed. Also in the movie Drop Dead Gorgeous they claim they are having a beauty pageant at the mall of america but they film a scene in the eden prairie malls parking lot instead of the mall of america which I also have several videos with footage from since it is a very public well known place and 25 min from me. You can tell by the water tower in the movie they are in eden prairie not at the mall of america in bloomington. That water tower is in several of my videos too.

Even scarier still is the fact that the area was recognized by a foreigner who had only been to the area once in his lifetime!

:D :D :D :D

Even scarier still is the fact that the area was recognized by a foreigner who had only been to the area once in his lifetime!

:D :D :D :D
heh yea, I don't really think I have anything to worry about with people knowing the city I live in, but it gives me peace of mind, so I do not put footage of near where I live anymore since I moved last fall.

Back